61 years old and still don't know any better

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I cooked my way through high school and college in my younger days.  If it is a bad thing, I have either done it or seen it done.  Guess they call that experience - having made most of the mistakes already.

Slipped on the floor once straining a fryer and dumped hot oil on my left hand and left foot.  Saw a guy once spill a large pan of roux on his hand.  Restaurant cooks hate burns and cuts like almost nothing else.  Biggest problem is there is usually nobody to blame but yourself.

I laughed when I read this because not only have I done it but in the moment of truth Food > Safety. No matter how much I read or prepare to be safe I will always react in a way to save the food over myself.

~Joe

Thanks a lot guys!

Somehow I knew I wasn't alone.

LOL---It hardly even hurts any more-----Ready for the next "SAVE"!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky