60 pounds of pork butt to day q view along the way

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
well my first load of buts i put in the oven around 12:30 are only 175 they where 165 when i put them in there

Sweet post! What a way to spend a work day! Can't wait to see the big ol' pulled pile!

well here is the sceond round it is at 137 when i took theses pics

and the first round is at 179 in the oven

Looking good thats alot of pork to pull but well worth the effort when its all over.

ya i think im going to kind of do a pull and chop thing .....more on the pull side with just a little chop over it to cut it up a little

well i just took the first one out of the oven started at 4:30 am and done at 4:20

i dont have enough coolers for all of them so im just going to rap them up in a bunch of towels

You fixin to get real bizzy soon!
biggrin.gif

Heres a lil hint, pull the foil open a bit at one end of the butt, and drain it into a measuring cup or something you can see through, glass or clear plastic. After you drain it, then set in down still in the foil and pull out the bone, should come out clean. Now take tongs or big fork and break it into 3-5 pieces, and seperate. then start working on one piece at a time as they cool. It will be very hot in the center of those pieces for 10-15 minutes. While you do this put that juice in the freezer. when you are all done pulling and the meat is still warm, take that juice out and skim the fat offf the top, it will look like wax, then pour the remaining darker juice back onto the pulled meat and mix it up! Bag it an let sit on the counter while ya get ready for the next round. If you are gonna add a finishing sauce, add it to the meat before ya bag it.
When the bag finally cools down, then put it in the fridge!

Hope this helps!

well here is the first one that i opened up .......it is funney this one got done 1 and half hours before any of the other

Well, how's it taste! Come on Man! whats the skinny! Geeze already!
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

well here it is the first one all pull wiht the juce next to it and my god it is good

there are 6 and half pounds when all done there and that was a 8 pounder

Looks awesome and a good yield

well more are comeing off now im not going to post every pic lol they all look the same

7-10 this looks like it's going to be a fun, yet long, smoke for ya. The pics were great and I've enjoyed spotting the fun stuff on the dining room table
icon_smile.gif
. Keep up the TBS and hope all turns out well for ya!

Dad always told me, "no two butts look the same". Are you saying dad was wrong?
icon_sad.gif

and i must add that the smoker is still going and it has been going since 4:30 this morning and all on one 20 pound propain tank and still going strong

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky