40MES broke even with new element

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wakame

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Got a 3 years old 40MES used around 40-50 hours. I was smoking some meat a few weeks ago, as I emptying the tray I noticed that the element stopped working. Both the green and red lights are lid, but no heat. So I finally got the replacement element. Install it like the instruction say. I tested it to make sure it was working, nothing. Lights are lid, but I got no heat. I made sure all the connections are secured. What else should I check?

I would get a multimeter and do a continuity check on the element to make sure that it is good.  I would also check to see if power is actually getting to the element. Other than that it might be time for a new smoker.  Besides the MES, there is Smokin-it and Cookshack which are very good smokers and are all stainless steel inside and out. I have used both and never had a problem with either.

Element is reading 12.0. I played around with the controller and I could hear it click when it turns on the heating. I hear humming also, but I Chek the wiring in the back, no power.

They only open during business hours. Don't know when I'll have time to call them.

Just checked using a killawatt that it only draws 4 watts of power when it is running.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky