4.5 lb pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

krusher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 31, 2008
rocky mount, virginia
hey everybody,

thought I would do a loin for dinner tonight, I was going to stuff it, but have been fitin a migraine this morning. Just deccided to keep it simple, and make a injection of

3/4 cup worchestershire
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1tsp nutmeg
2tbs lemon juice
2tbs butter
1tbs tony cacherones
1tbs onion powder
2 bay leaves

brought that to a boil for about 5 minutes, took out the bay leaves, and put it in a bowl and into the freezer for 10 minutes.

took 2 more bc powders, gota get another 6 pak

injected that, and then brushed on some evoo and threw on the kosher salt and the fresh cbp.

she's in the frige till 1 o'clock

I will have wome more pics then.

yall have a good day

[img=http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/6489/img0109fr7.th.jpg]

[img=http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/9776/img0110ea3.th.jpg]

this was about an hour ago, I think, it was 149, using apple and jack daniels oak chips. Also spayed it a couple times with apple juice.
02b94057_vbattach19673.jpg

e6066956_vbattach19672.jpg

Looks great!

The dryness is probably cause you took it to 170 degrees.

Try it next time at 145 - 150 and I think you won't have that problem.

Lookin good. A little dry isn't too bad. If you want to take it to 170, you could try to wrap in foil around 150.

Krusher,
I've been wanting to do a loin roast. How big was your roast? How long would you say it took in the smoker?

dmack

That's my advice also.

i get a migrane now and then too, not fun... your loin looks good, but will have to agree with the others as well, i would say for a loin 145 be the magic number. 170 just a bit overcooked. but nice lookin smoke and i bet it still was good eatin!!! thks for sharing man!!!

hey dmack, this was rite a four pounds and it took almost exactly 6 hours. but that is to 170 and I think that was a little much, It was just to dry for my taste, but if you like eatin your meat with sauce, I'd say that would be good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky