37lbs of Pulled Pork for 60 People (Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paranormalsmoke

Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Battle Ground, WA
First 2 butts scored and ready for rub

Add a little glue

Rubbed

All 4 butts rubbed and wrapped for 24 hours

First set of 2 on the smoker

6 hours later ready for the foil wrap

Day two, second set of butts on the smoker

4am and ready to wrap.....
thumb1.gif

And pulled......

I fed 64 very happy people and only ended up with 1/2 gallon ziplock bag left over! 

FYI...SoFlaQuer's Finishing Sauce is AMAZING!!!!!!
drool.gif

Reactions: disco
You started with 37 lbs pork butts. What was finished weight? Last time I made some pulled pork I started with 43 lbs and ended up with 21 finished product. That makes it about $4.00 - $4.50 per lb.

Do you always rub mustard on your butts? Does it makes a difference in taste? I've never tried it but I see a lot of people doin that so my next butt i smoke I'm gonna try it.

Do you always rub mustard on your butts? Does it makes a difference in taste? I've never tried it but I see a lot of people doin that so my next butt i smoke I'm gonna try it.
I don't think it offers any flavor enchancement but maybe others will disagree with that?  I was originally told to brush on some yellow mustard to help keep that rub on the meat.

Last edited:

You started with 37 lbs pork butts. What was finished weight? Last time I made some pulled pork I started with 43 lbs and ended up with 21 finished product. That makes it about $4.00 - $4.50 per lb.
Not sure what my final weight was but I seem to only experience around 40% loss this time.  I've had butts shrink up way more than these did but I normally figure around 50% loss to be safe.  I was serving 1/3lb servings, total count was 64 attending and a few came back for seconds.  I only had roughly a pound left over so if I were to guess I was in the low 20's

LookS Great!!!! How Did You Reheat It?
SoFlaQuer's Finishing Sauce, cover with foil and throw in a 350 degree oven until it reaches 155 degrees. I've found PP to be very forgiving in the reheat as long as you add a little moisture.  I actually think it tastes better the second day but that is just personal preference 
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky