35 Degree Smoked Salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Hi gals and guys,

Decided to smoke some salmon today.  The weather finally broke out of the sub zero temperatures and granted me a beautiful 35 degree day!

Dry Brined with...2 C Dark Brown Sugar, 1/2 C Kosher Salt, 1 T Black Pepper, and 2 T Granulated Garlic.

Into the refrigerator over night... and now the fun begins.

Rinsed and Racked for two hours and forming a beautiful Pellicle.

While the MES 40 is preheating my A-Maze-N Pellet Smoker is preparing itself as well with a load of apple pellets.

In you go!

Temp set for 180 because my digital controller is always 30 degrees off.  When temp leveled off to 155 via my Poulder digital probe I set the timer for 2.5 hours.

They look pretty happy in there.

During the last half hour glazed with honey and Voila!...The finished product.

Next step is to allow the fillets to cool, vacuum pack, and into the freezer...One of those babies may not make it past the cooling phase.

This was easier than most people think.  Smoking fish is not rocket science.  All it takes is a little research here on the Sight thanks to the knowledgeable members who are always eager to share their knowledge and expertise!

I hope this little tutorial can help someone in the future...Smoke on Everybody!

John

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearcarver
Looks Mighty Tasty from my house, John!!!
drool.gif

Nice Job!!!
icon14.gif
------------------
points.gif

Bear

Looks fantastic.   Good job!  I really like the ghosty effect of you taking a picture (4th pic).

Last edited:
Looks great.

Salmon is on my very soon to try list.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky