3 - 1.5 -1.5 - 0.05 Back Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pivel

Original poster
May 11, 2015
Back ribs.

3-1.5-1.5-0.05

Rinsed ribs and pat dried.

Applied Jalapeno honey mustard with some dry rub on one side and let sit for 15 minutes, flipped over and repeated process before plastic wrapping and putting in fridge for 24 hours.

Got smoker pre heated to 225 and smoking before placing ribs on rack. Air damper ¾ open.

Smoker set at 225 for 3 hours.

Now sprinkle brown sugar and some rub along with some softened butter onto the center of the foil with some apple juice.

After I placed back in the MES, temperature shot up to 270 on the MES. Timer set for 1 hour and 30 minutes for foil stage. I reduced time from 2 hours due to smoker running hot at the beginning of this foil stage.

When I put the ribs back into the smoker, internal temperature of ribs was 155 at 4:00PM.

At 5:30PM, internal temperature of ribs is 183F when I pull them off.

At this time I put a very thin coating of Sweet Baby Ray's - Hickory & Brown Sugar onto a Super-Hot grill for 1 1/2 minutes per side.

Reactions: carbine1koos
Looks tasty!!!!!

drool.gif

Seems that most use the toothpick or bend test. What internal temperature is this normally at when you get the results you are looking for?

Also, do some of you go by internal temperature for doneness of your ribs?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky