2nd annual NBC cook off

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokebuzz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 14, 2006
IOWA!!
Cromestack and I are doing a cookoff at church , got our butts and brisket on at 12:25am, the rest of the cometators are showing up tommarrow,in the daylite.

here is what the inside of my smoker is sposed to look like
1000305nj3.jpg

Here is what my smoker looks like with a grease fire and no flash
1000306vj3.jpg

My smoker with a butt and brisket
1000307hs1.jpg

Cromestacks butt,hopefully this ain't the 17hr's sister
1000308jt9.jpg

only wish, we'er on the coffee and dew

Here is my butt,brisket and i put the spares on at 8:30.
1000320di1.jpg

Here is cromestacks butt, he just put his turkey on, now he's fighting temps in this wind we'er haven
1000321ht6.jpg

We have been busy, some of the folks have been sparement'n with sauce,rubs,glazes, and ALOT of fish that i didnt get many pics of,too busy eaten.

Cromestacks "tom", as he calls it
1000334ph4.jpg

another competators chops, asst. paster
1000333nf7.jpg

another comper's chicken
1000332yb3.jpg

PJ's wings and more chops
1000331cj1.jpg

A joint fattie?
biggrin.gif

1000329md9.jpg

my ribblettes, and spare trimmings
1000330fl2.jpg

remanence of some ribs,mine
1000323eo1.jpg

The deer fattie
1000325qr3.jpg

Wished he tasted as good as he looked Thanks for all the help Buzz I woulda never made it through my 1st comp if it hadnt been for you been a long weekend though whats next LOL

nice nice nice............thankx for the pm buzz............don't know HOW i missed this..................i need to get my biggest ever smoke from yesterday on yet............

why didn't the tom taste good chrome?...did you brine it?

I brined him but he stalled I forced him through but the skin got charled tried to do it too quick live and learn

STALLED?, that thing hit 145* and stopped for 3 hours, would never belived if i didn't see it, we tryed 3 other thermos, my head still hurts.

We flaked the skin off, was tastey and juicey, never would have belived that either, dont remember total cook tyme on it, but was fore ever.

In Mikes defence, the turkey he did last weekend was very good, and went perfect

yeah..........poultry stalling IS unique............

btw.....you know how to catch a wabbit?

unique up on it...............LOLOLOLOL

I have never heard of poultry stalling, i probed it and watched myself,unreal. 2nd turky he ever smoked, and he just came off of a 17hr butt saterday nite, his first also. was there to witness 6hrs of that one also. I think i would have an add in the classifieds if it were me after the weekend he's had, but he's still cranked up to do more.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky