2nd Annual Iowa Gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daboys

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 30, 2008
Ft. Dodge Ia
Ok everyone. It's getting close. Right now the tentative date for the gathering is June 20-21. It will be in Rockford Ia. It's a little town about 20mls SE of Mason City. Nice little campground on the river. Everyone is welcome!!!!

I'm definitely headed up to the Iowa gathering and if those are the dates nailed down, I'll request the time off work this week. I'll hopefully be flying out of the Sanford, FL airport on Allegiant Air, as they had some pretty good deals on flights to Iowa. I think Steve said to fly into Des Moines and put my thumb out and hitch a ride to the gathering site
eek.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
. Seriously, I'll probably rent a car so I can run once I see the belly-brigade in person!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

BUMP! BUMP!

Sounds like those are the best dates to get the usual suspects together, Laurel....cant' wait to meet you at the gathering!!!
wink.gif

Just bumping the thread to get the message out far and wide.....EVERYBODY is welcome....if you're willing to make the trip, we'll make sure you have a great time....
cool.gif

Any other Iowa boys willing to come have some fun?? Beaker? Allen? iadubber? Several other newer ones that I seem to have lost track of in the crash. Would love to see anybody and everybody!!

L8r,
Eric

At one time we had quite a few Iowans and others that were interested in the gathering. Tip had mentioned that we need to get a head count pretty soon to get sites reserved. We have about 6 members so far that are in. It's a great time and a chance to meet some of the people that we type with every day.

couple more days of rain like today, and ALL the snow will be gone!!....it's already almost gone here in the middle of the state....Northern part still has plenty on the ground tho...(they can keep it, too...
biggrin.gif
)

Still lookin' for more people willing to attend the gathering.....it's a great time with good friends.....and it's NOT JUST FOR IOWANS....anybody and everybody is welcome...
wink.gif

L8r,
Eric

It better be! Actually we have have t-shirt and shorts weather right now. It's 51* out! Feels like summer, well, almost.

Holy crap - and when it was 51 out just last week I was bundled up in a jacket, jeans, and gloves ...
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
FL-blooded wimp, here
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

OIY....I hope it isn't a "cool" month of June for Laurel's sake!!......
biggrin.gif

You certainly won't see this white boy in shorts......they don't make sunglasses dark enough for THAT!.....
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Living through these hot and humid midwest summers without shorts means Earache must be hardcore

Sure has been nice, workin in just long sleeved shirt an my ovealls! Oh yeah, the 5 buckles too cause it gettin muddy out! Won't last ferever, winter will be back. But, sure gave us a nice taste a spring!

the snow is started in des moines allready today, sounds like its mostly south and west, 2-5 in des moines if you beleive them weather hacks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky