250 Gal Smoker Project

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The axle is a 2000 lb with 14" tires.
Yes, this is a reverse smoker so I am using only one 4” stack. Because I am adding a cooking rack in the fire box for grilling, I have a stack on it too and will close it off when smoking.

Got it completed. It as a lot of fun just had to work around a busy schedule but want to share the complete it with you.

Two smoking racks.

Also built a grill for the fire box so I can keep the burger going if just want to grill. Built a storage rack on the back side of the smoker to store when smoking and not needed.

A few completed pictures.

It was a lot of fun and ready to get it to use.

What size is the tank you used for the fire box? I am about to start a 250 gal project and have limited welding skills. Your design looks like something that would work well for me. Nice work!!!!

Great job on the build, looks awesome.

One suggestion tho, you might think about adding some support under your fire box. I know its all heavy plate between fire box and big tank, but that thing is going to be bouncing around quite a bit and it may put quite a bit of strain on your welds. The engineer in me sees some fatigue in that area. But overall it looks awesome.

Congrats on a kick a$$ smoker.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
I have scored a 250 gal for $100 at my local propane company and I hope it turns out as nice as yours.Kenny G
points.gif

Thanks for the comments. The fire box is 22" X 36" (thinking it about a 50 gal tank) but not sure. When I seasoned the racks the I was about to get the temp tp 335F and then leveled it back done to 225-250F.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky