2011 SELA gathering Oct 28,29 and 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I will be doing injected and rubbed Pork Butt, Brisket, and I am looking into a surprise that if it works out will sure peak some interest.  Let ya all know more details as we get closer to time.  I know I have been out of touch but much is going on.  Nothing bad just very buisy.  Looking forward to the event.

I had asked elsewhere but don't see it as to whether I can bobtail into there Al.I would assume if there's room for RV's.

I thought I replied on the other SELA thread that we had a fifth wheel trailer brought in last year without a problem.  Is it safe to assume that you can follow a 12ft high fifth wheel?

About half way back I have an area of the driveway that kind of meanders through some overgrown trees (nice and private) so worse case scenario is that you would have to park in front of the tree line.  I have 20 acres and no neighbors, I am pretty sure I can find a nice place for you to park.  Looking forward to see you again.

Wahhhhoooooooo  Shooter's doing his pork butt.  Hope its as good as last years! 

I was going say that you could park by the pond but if we don't get some rain this summer we won't have a pond. 

Al my truck measures over 13 ft. I will chew on it a while, there's time for an alternate plan.

Really shouldn't be a problem, don't go through to much trouble to swap out trucks or anything.     The farmhouse and smoking area is lower left by the turnaround driveway.

9c72c83b_farm1.jpg

Nice place Al!!

Looking forward to being there...

Craig

Good deal Craig!   It will nice to see you again. 

Thanks for the shout out Bear,  This is an old Google Earth picture, there have been a couple of changes.  The old shipping containers center right are gone, the old farmhouse center right is being torn down and I have a bunch of new pecan trees planted lower right.  Hopefully I'll have a tractor shed built so we can smoke under cover.  Talk to the wifey about taking a little mini vacation.  Fly into New Orleans and one of us will be there to pick you up.  My wife works about 20 minutes from the airport.

Good deal Craig!   It will nice to see you again. 

Thanks for the shout out Bear,  This is an old Google Earth picture, there have been a couple of changes.  The old shipping containers center right are gone, the old farmhouse center right is being torn down and I have a bunch of new pecan trees planted lower right.  Hopefully I'll have a tractor shed built so we can smoke under cover.  Talk to the wifey about taking a little mini vacation.  Fly into New Orleans and one of us will be there to pick you up.  My wife works about 20 minutes from the airport.
Thanks a lot for the invite Al, but at the current time I don't travel well.

Bear

Well if anything changes Bear you are welcome and we will help any way we can to make it easier for you.

Al

Looks like you guys have a nice place to get together, wish I was closer...

Man I wish I had a nice big RV, and a few extra bucks, so I could just travel to these gatherings & hang out for a couple of days with all you guys. I'd even go pick up Bear & bring him down.

icon_cool.gif

After all the god things that I heard form everyone about last years Gathering I will be there but have you made a decsion on the dates I only have one other thing going on but it's August 20th so any other times I'll be there. Maybe I'll look at your heading an see that it's in October maybe. DAAAAAaaa

Wantta be member of the Who Dat Nation

Sounds like it's gonna be a good time again this year

I asked Pineywoods to merge the two active threads and I changed the title to make the date easier to find (just for you Mark!).  Hope this doesn't confuse things but it's better to merge them now while we are still pretty far out then to wait.  Hope it doesn't mess up anyone's subscription notices.

Al

Ok here is my surprise.  If all goes as planned I will not only be smoking pork, brisket, but also a Buffalo roast of some sort.  Should not be a big problem but if anyone knows of where to obtain local I won't have to ship that bad boy in!  LOL  

Hey Rick!!

I did a little poking around and found a fairly cool site that has listings of buffalo ranches in different states..

The ranches don't have sites in La tho, Just towns or counties..

http://www.eatbisonmeat.com/webapp/GetPage?pid=28  

Have a great day!!

Craig

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky