2009 Tomatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajunsmoke13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 7, 2008
With all this rain, my tomatoes have taken off like crazy. Here are some pics. Should have some maters in no time.

Man, this time of year I miss living there in the South. Another two weeks here before I can even put mine in!

Real nice plants you have there, and congratulations
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

MAN! We have another two weeks or so here also. We used to go by Mother's Day rule of thumb, but we've been pushing it up the last couple of years.

Good lookin maters!!

Looking good my friend, be sure and update us once they bloom.

We always get a bunch of different type tomatoes, this year burpee came out with a seedless tomato...can't wait to see how it tastes!

campbells soup co sent me some free tomatoe seeds--

1 broke thru the jiffy 7 peat pellets today---

i will keep all newborns under cfl's 10 days or so---

then to my buckets/////
icon_eek.gif

Of course too much rain is not always a good thing for maters. More so when the have already bloomed though. I would also suggest some larger cages. We started using standard Field Fence formed into a cage for our maters. I drive a wood stake into the ground and tie them to cage to secure them so they won't fall over.
I still have a Winter source producing maters, but its on its last legs. Waiting for the Spring planting which are just starting to bloom.

Good idea Flash on the cage. Need to try that. Probably went a little small on the cages. Had to stake them today. they are growing so much, the cage can't hold them in. Best tomatoes yet for me.

Wow, you guys have me so jealous.
My tomatoes want nothing more than to get in the ground but I have another week or so and one final tilling to do.
Can't wait though, Jersey tomato straight off the vine with a little salt...better than sex!

I went to concrete re-inforcing wire.4 feet tall and make as round as you need.I would give you a few, but pretty far away.I have some well over twenty years old in perfect shape.I just cut bottom ring off and jam the 6 inch spikes in ground.

My best maters yet. Growing like crazy. Maters on most of the plants. These were Better Boys.

Thanks for sharing those nice pics. It must be nice to have room to spread things around. Looks like you'll have a good summer my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky