1st turkey in 20 years

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokebuzz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 14, 2006
IOWA!!
Have'nt hunted turkeys in 20 years, birds didn't want to play, so had to resort to a stock behind a Pretty boy decoy. Aint nothing like getting with in 20yards of a turky in a open feild. Will post pics of the final smoke in a couple weeks

1000281e.jpg

Nice bird congrats

congrats on the bird buzz!!! one thing i havent hunted yet... but with the population a them increasing rapidly ya never know!!! nice job man!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Beard was 10", had some beard rot but was still pritty thick and weighed 17#, and his chest had the hide wore off off it. And the spurs was almost none existant, about 3/4" and round tipped. I know it was a small bird, but they would not respond to calls at all, if you wasn't in their line of travel someway, it was'nt going to happen.

Hopefully 4th season will bring a bigger bird, wont be smoke'n this 1 till after 4th is over on May 17th. The girls are all exited to eat this 1 already.

nice bird, 4th season starts here In Illinois where I live on Friday.
I will be going out to see if I can bag one. its been several years since I
got one. I am looking forward to it for sure.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky