1st try

Discussion in 'Making Jerky' started by ldrus, Nov 26, 2009.

1. ldrus

ldrus Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

This is my first attempt at making venison snack sticks for seasoning i used LEM's Backwoods snack stick seasoning ,cologen casings and smoked at 180 deg 2hrs used a little hickory,cherry,apple and they taste pretty darn good!

2. alx

alx Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice.Those look delicious......[​IMG]

3. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

They Look Darn Good Too...[​IMG]

4. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Awesome, what size grinding plates did you use

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yes they do look Great too. I like them and was the grind plate it looks pretty small and well packed into the casings. I also really nice to the sausage/snack stick making so I'm watching every little bit and piece of everyones posts.[​IMG]Fo all the work and it's alot of work if you are like me a real newbie.

6. meat hunter

meat hunter Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Great job on the snack sticks. You should send me a few so I can verify that they taste as good as they look [​IMG].

7. Making me hungry just looking at em.[​IMG]

8. ldrus

i used a jerky shooter to fill the casing not sure on size of the plate however when i did grind the meat i made them at work i got a grinder from ebay and the to plates that came with it were to big and small so i went in between i think i drilled them 1/4 ill check and let you know

9. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Was the meat for the snack sticks as course as regular ground meat?

10. ldrus

well i ran it through my grinder 2 times other then that it looks like the burger you get at the store minus the fat

11. smokeguy

smokeguy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice color and look well packed. [​IMG]

12. rambler

rambler Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Great job Ikrus. That is a lot of work with a jerky shooter! I did that several times and it really makes you appreciate it when you use a stuffer for the first time.