1st try

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ldrus

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 16, 2007
Westville, Indiana
This is my first attempt at making venison snack sticks for seasoning i used LEM's Backwoods snack stick seasoning ,cologen casings and smoked at 180 deg 2hrs used a little hickory,cherry,apple and they taste pretty darn good!

Very nice.Those look delicious......
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Yes they do look Great too. I like them and was the grind plate it looks pretty small and well packed into the casings. I also really nice to the sausage/snack stick making so I'm watching every little bit and piece of everyones posts.
points.gif
Fo all the work and it's alot of work if you are like me a real newbie.

Great job on the snack sticks. You should send me a few so I can verify that they taste as good as they look
biggrin.gif

i used a jerky shooter to fill the casing not sure on size of the plate however when i did grind the meat i made them at work i got a grinder from ebay and the to plates that came with it were to big and small so i went in between i think i drilled them 1/4 ill check and let you know

well i ran it through my grinder 2 times other then that it looks like the burger you get at the store minus the fat

Great job Ikrus. That is a lot of work with a jerky shooter! I did that several times and it really makes you appreciate it when you use a stuffer for the first time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky