1st Time Hanging Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

emze

Original poster
Feb 22, 2016
I have the WSM 18.5 and recently purchased the Weber hanging rack and some 5" meat hooks. I'll be attempting to hang two racks of baby back ribs for the first time using Jeff's original rub recipe.

I've been doing the 3-2-1 method at 225 degrees with the water pan/foiled. Any tips on temp and time for hanging? I've read 4-5 hours at 250-270 degrees? Water pan or no water pan?

Thanks for any information.

Welcome emze!  I use a wsm and foil the water pan.  I smoke baby backs for 5 hours at 225 -250, no wrap.  I've never hung them but the procedure should be the same.

Mike

The only thing I see is to put the thick end down.

If there is no water in the pan, the bottom of the smoker will be hotter than the top.

Good luck!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky