1st time CSRs with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 12, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
Hey eveyone,
Today I'm doing a few new things...SPAM, a spin on my pastrami, here...
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...threadid=79797
a beer can chicken Which isn't going so well here...
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...threadid=79806
and these Country Style Ribs.

I've never done these before, so doing these with fingers crossed. The family is looking forward to these.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Here's part of them laid out on a rack. I want to keep these "basic" to see if I like them. Using homemade rub on top of plain yellow mustard. rubbing about 2 hours prior to placing on the smoker.
ry%3D400

mustard first then rub applied
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

using the minion method with Kingsford Charwood lump with cherry chunks and some apple chips added here and there
ry%3D400

filled the water pan with beer, apple juice and water.
ry%3D400

here they are on the top grate with the corned beef and the SPAM. I was able to spread them out a little after I took the SPAM off.
ry%3D400

they went on at 1:00 central time. Going to go spritz now with 50/50 mix of apple juice and captain morgan. Plan on letting them go about three hours then I'll foil for an hour-ish then back on the grate unfoiled and brushed with Sweet Baby Rays.

Wish me luck. Be back later.

I smoke those country style ribs all the time here. We love them and their really cheap most of the time.

Thanks everyone. I foiled the ribs at 4:00 Central time. Sorry forgot to take a pic of that. Getting ready to pull them out of the foil now and hit 'em with a little sauce. I know I said Sweet Baby Rays, but I forgot I've got a bottle of Gates from Kansas City. Hmmmm now I'm torn. Half and half maybe? Maybe not. Might just leave one sealed up for another day.

Well my first shot at country style ribs was a hit with the family.
9:30am - rubbed with mustard and rub
1:00pm - onto the smoker and spritzed with capt morgan and apple juice every hour
4:00pm - ribs foiled and added capt and juice
5:45pm - ribs unfoiled and slathered with Gates Original
6:00pm - flipped and slathered again
6:15pm - pulled and ready to eat
6:30pm - dinner started
6:45pm - dinner done

The wife who could take or leave BBQ said they were awesome. So did two of the three kids. The other just ate the chicken, which turned out just fine. As did chisoxjim's Cucumber Salad.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

If you're looking for jim's cucumber salad recipie you can see what I did here...
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...threadid=79810

Thanks for looking everyone. Have a great weekend. I'm beat now. Gonna go lay on the couch and watch a movie.

That's one fine looking bird you ended up with there...congrats! Glad to hear your family loved the ribs. Gates is good sauce, too.

Shweeeeeet!
babysmall.gif

One of the best ways I've had spam was to cut it up into small 3/4 inch squares.... fry it just a tad.... put it into a crock pot with your favorite BBQ sauce... then dump a can of chunked pineapple in with it. Grab a toothpick and get in line.

Yeah and she only ate the chicken. The cucumber salad was really tasty. Getting ready to have some right now. Since just the wife and I were eating it, I'd probably cut the recipie in half next time. The link to jim's recipie is here
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...threadid=79810

I don't care what you say. SPAM is intended to keep a person alive as a last resort when you can't find fresh meat. LOL. My dad is a big SPAM eater and I've never been much of a fan. I'm gonna take your word on that one.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Thanks for all the replys everyone. These were great and definately on the "to do again" list.

Well it's about dang time one of you Iowa boys showed up. And to answer your question...no.

LOL. I told him I'm keeping it until he tells me I have to give it back.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky