1st ever bread Attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

damascusmaker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 3, 2015
North East Tennessee
Here is the recipe, found online I used as a guide, I added some honey.

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at Nov 26, 17  5.37.47 PM.png
One piece on the Akorn and the other in the oven. The one in the oven seemed to cook too fast on the outside. I would dial back the temp next time. And the Akorn had a hard time recovering temp. 450 when I put the bread in, but fell under 300 and just got back to around 400 by the time I declared done.

More to learn about!

On smoker
fullsizeoutput_109e.jpeg
Just Pulled
IMG_1815.JPG

IMG_1817.JPG
The one from the kitchen oven, got away from me while fooling with the smoker, but still good stuff.
IMG_1819.JPG

looks tasty DM! love some fresh crusty bread!Strange the oven cooked it faster,you'd think opposite.Do you Butcher and make Candlesticks too?

Thanks Al, My wife's more refined taste detected bacon in the smoker bread. Must have been because the previous cook in that smoker was 3 BBs. I'll file that away for the future.

Looks really good. Does it get any better than that? - "homemade bread with a hint of bacon". Point!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky