1st big smoke on the GOSM

Discussion in 'Beef' started by packrat, Jun 1, 2007.

1. packrat

packrat Fire Starter

My 30th birthday is coming up on Saturday, so I'm firing up the GOSM for the first big run. Got a big pork butt, some sausage (for a fatty), two huge chunks of salmon, and a brisket. I didn't think I'd try a brisket this time around, but then I looked at the store. Instead of all the other ones that size marked "Trimmed Brisket", $2.99/pound, it was labeled "Split Fryer", $0.99 per pound. $17.90 vs. $4.02. What a deal. Hope to add take some pics at some point.

2. gofish

gofish Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Sounds like you'll be eating like a king on your Birthday. ENJOY IT! ................ remember to take some pic's along the way..........

3. watery eyes

watery eyes Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Good luck with the big smoke.....make sure you have batteries for the camera so we can see how awesome it all turns out.

4. teacup13

teacup13 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

cant wait for the pix... we are here for you.... we are also here for your leftovers if any..lol

happy early birthday, i will be away from puter this weekend

5. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Good luck Packrat! Enjoy your B'Day!

6. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Can't wait to see the pics!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

7. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Good luck, what are you planning on using for rubs/sauces?

8. packrat

packrat Fire Starter

Rub is the same on all of them. A basic one with brown sugar, salt, then spices (cayenne, paprika, cumin, thyme, etc.) As for sauces, I made up some finishing sauce to serve on the side, as well as some Arthur Bryant's (is that famous outside of Kansas?) and some Gate's (another famous KC place). Plan to spray with apple juice every hour or so.