150 some odd pounds

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bb53chevpro

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2007
Well, here is another batch, I lost count at 150 lbs. There are 4 types, (basically the same recipe) fresh reg, fresh spicey, smoked reg, and smoked spicey. Here is a pic of all of it hanging before smoking. We started this Monday morning around 10:30 am skinning and boning 9 hams, and ground all of it. Tuesday mixed spices and stuffed, cleaned up. (finished around midnight) Now in the "Outhouse" for cold smoke. Should be done around 6-7pm today. more pics to follow.

Andy.
c44e46b2_vbattach17304.jpg

Here they are, the smoke is done and all hanging. This was smoked all at once.

Man was this alot of work to make this.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Andy.
826e074d_vbattach17326.jpg

7249ded9_vbattach17327.jpg

Man that looks great, you have obviously been doing this for a while, I did my first and it took me damn near two seperate nights to stuff 17 sausages, how long did it take to wrap out all those, and how many people,what kind of stuffer do you use?

Well actually, I have watched me Dad make this for years. But this is the 5th time I have ever made it. I have even less experience with the smoking. But I learn something new everytime. There are alot of great teachers here in this forum.

As far as stuffing it, I use my #32 grinder. It took about 7hrs to stuff. The first 4 hrs, I had an extra set of hands helping out, and the last 3 by my self.

The recipe that I have used is also posted in the forum if you are interested.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...038#post151038

Andy.

Nice job and nice Chevy. I know this was a lot of work. I do 50# in a day and I'm tired. I don't even think I would start a project like that. I have a large cold smoker but havent filled it up. This would have maxed it out.

Good job.

geob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky