150 Pound Turkey Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
d88de
It is how I have always smoked turkey..... takes longer but the finished product speaks for itself.

wow ,thats all i can say
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

MossyMo, that is one great looking smoker you've riigged up. Those folks should really thank you for the great bird they're getting. Speaking of getting... any wild turks seeing your pictures will certainly be getting out of season, like NOW!

cajun.....when i called marty earlier today.........he said they would prob take 14-16 hours..........he got the smoker, after putting the birds in, up to temp, bout 10..........so its goiong to be LATE when he pulls the birds off........due to his low temps..............

d88de

Thanks d8de ( can't spell d88de till after tomorrow
wink.gif
) Was hoping that he might have taken a little peek....
eek.gif

Season is not over till tomorrow... It's a shame about his transmission today, putting him at the rear of the pack. Yea...his season sucked this year. We won't see him again till Feb 7th of next year. I'm already having withdrawls..What am I gonna do till then????
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

After they had been smoked my mother stopped by and picked up her 2 birds and took them home to oven them. Been slowly moving the birds to the oven at 250º here at home also, don't feel like being up till all hours of the morning just to have to debone and package. So far 4 birds are done and one is being deboned right now. Have friends on their way over to debone their 2 birds also. The taste is excellent, should have plenty of sandwich meat for winter !!! Mmmm, hot smoked turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes 'n gravy !!!

the man can't get a engine half of the time to finish the race........such a shame.........least he knows hedrick builds good motors

d88de

yeah........forgot......this IS saturday.....hangover from the LOUSY IOWA HAWKEYE FOOTBALL GAME............

d88de

d8de
That ain't cheating, that is finishing !!!

Here is a pic of the end result, turned out excellent.....

Hey Marty, looks great.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
When I do a bird like that, the skin is much browner than your birds, I wonder why? edit, Dumb me, its not too much sugar in the rub, nor thick gray smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky