10# Pork butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gautreau

Original poster
Nov 15, 2013
Gonzales, LA
Last night at 7:40 I put my first pork butt in the smoker at 240 degrees. This morning at 5:40 (10 hours later) I checked it and it was just getting to 160 degrees IT. Is this amount of time normal? Should I bump up the temp?

You are right where you should be. Some folks will wrap in foil with butter and honey and juice to help with the cook but I personally do not. That but is right in its stall and will push through. Only time i bump up Temp is when time is an issue. even at that I would rather wrap in foil. Below is some pics of some butts that took 15 hrs at 230. I they were each 10lbs. I took them off around 198 internal.

I agree, your doing fine!

Just let it go.

It may stall in the 160-170 degree range for a while.

Al

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky