1.89$ Pork Shoulder Boston Butt Roast

Discussion in 'Pork' started by nickecarter, May 5, 2009.

1. bigbaldbbq

bigbaldbbq Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

If you like. I think that is what I pay for them at Sams Club. But they are bigger packages there of course.

2. donnylove

donnylove Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

That's just an okay price in my experience and I don't live in the south where bbq meat is less expensive. Is it boneless? If it's bone-in, then $1.89 is not a great price. Even here in Montana, we can get boneless shoulder (butt) for $1.39-$1.49 at Costco. That said, do what you gotta do to smoke some pig!

3. pignit

pignit Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

It's not a great price... I wouldn't fill up the freezer.... but it's not a bad price either. If I were wanting a loin or a butt I'd pay that. It's really an area thing. I can get case price butts at Sams here in TN for 1.10. At the grocery store they are pushing 2 bucks. I can get loin at Sams for 1.69. They generally run a little higher than the butts.

4. builder59

builder59 Smoke Blower

I just picked up 60 lbs at Kroger for .97 a pound. Sam's club has them for 1.06 but you have to buy a case which is about 65lbs.

5. bigbaldbbq

Yeah the case price is cheaper. Hopefully we will finish the big smoker this weekend and I will be buying it by the case for big jobs!

6. smokebuzz

smokebuzz Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Are Sams has butts for 1.08 for a 2 pack per#, and loins vary alot, anywhere between 1.49-1.99, depending upon sales at other stores, they match +.10 extra off of any sale price.

7. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

As was stated it kinda depends on whats normal for your area. Ganny and I can usually find butts on sale for .99 a lb around us. Grouper Sandwich whos 30 miles away never sees those kind of sales. For loins thats a pretty good price for us. All you can really do is shop around and buy what you can when you get a good deal.

8. bigbaldbbq

I wish we had those prices here.

9. What is our good prices for pork and loins and stuff like that? Considerin we both live in Columbus Ohio.

10. bigbaldbbq

Well you can get it on sale every once in a while. Like I said I pay 1.89 lb at Sams for 2 bone-in-butts. Around here that seems to be a pretty good price.

Loins vary, I don't buy them enough to comment on them though. I am going to Sams tomorrow for some butts and I will check on them.