Cold Smoking on the AMNS
It’s been my observation that based on the amount of food being smoked, a covered grill or small smoking chamber is advantageous over smoking in a large GOSM big block size smoker.
· The amount of smoke penetration will be greater in a smaller area.
· The amount of fuel (sawdust) needed will be less.
· It takes less time to achieve the end result.
· The temperature will be higher when using a grill like chamber. Caution when filling all the rows with sawdust.
· Placing cheese directly above the AMNS can soften some cheese, the variables can be ambient temperature and the type of cheese.
· Placing cheese around the outer edge of the grill will help against direct heat from the AMNS.
· Placing the grill/smoker in the shade will also help guard against higher smoking temperatures.
· Smoking with the top and bottom vents completely open can provide sufficient oxygen for a proper smolder.
These are my observations; your own experiences may vary. In view of the fact that many AMNS owners already know of these observations, this may be of help for new owners of the AMNS.
A great product this is being recognized as being useful and easy to use, especially but not limited to cold smoking,