or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › My First Pork Loin
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My First Pork Loin

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

I cut it in half and injected each with different flavors, Smoked at 230* for around three hours on the uds with hickory and pulled them off at about 147* and foiled and put in cooler and let rest for at least an hour and let me tell you I cant believe I havent done one of these till now because it is like #2 in my favorites now under ribs, so if you havent smoked a loin DO IT!!!

 

PorkLoin001.jpg
PorkLoin002.jpg
PorkLoin003.jpg
PorkLoin004.jpg

You can see the injection in the meat
PorkLoin005.jpg
PorkLoin006.jpg

This last one is the Yoshidas And i was so full i didnt try it but it took a few more hours to cook and i over cooked it because it was not juicy like the first one
 

post #2 of 14

Nice ,

 I have never smoked a plain loin .Have allways stuffed them.

 the sliced one looks great!

You say you over cooked the second one/ do you mean temps to high or let it rest to long?

 If you can would you give me a few more details on the second one so that i don't make the same mistake.

post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post

Nice ,

 I have never smoked a plain loin .Have allways stuffed them.

 the sliced one looks great!

You say you over cooked the second one/ do you mean temps to high or let it rest to long?

 If you can would you give me a few more details on the second one so that i don't make the same mistake.



I wish I knew what really happened because both of my digital probes were so off from my other handheld thermos that it was frustrating!! The second one took two more hours to come to temp and i thought it was the smaller piece of meat, anyway i was checking it with my handheld probe and supposidly i pulled it around 147 but after letting it rest and i sliced of a piece at the end it seemed alot tougher than the first one, ill find out today if thats true. I need to invest in a new digital thermo i think

post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemonium View Post





I wish I knew what really happened because both of my digital probes were so off from my other handheld thermos that it was frustrating!! The second one took two more hours to come to temp and i thought it was the smaller piece of meat, anyway i was checking it with my handheld probe and supposidly i pulled it around 147 but after letting it rest and i sliced of a piece at the end it seemed alot tougher than the first one, ill find out today if thats true. I need to invest in a new digital thermo i think



Gary,

 

Check this Thermometer out. I bought one and its pretty dang nice. Takes about 6 seconds to read  so its not as fast as the thermo pen but for the money cant be beat. You can also calibrate it.

 

 

The pork loin looked great

post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmudd14474 View Post





Gary,

 

Check this Thermometer out. I bought one and its pretty dang nice. Takes about 6 seconds to read  so its not as fast as the thermo pen but for the money cant be beat. You can also calibrate it.

 

 

The pork loin looked great


I have that same one Mudd, that was one of the handheld ones i was referring to, its my two tayler weekend warrior smoker ones that are screwing up, i read on that link that it  recalibrates? does that mean the digital ones can be recalibrated?


Edited by pandemonium - 10/30/10 at 11:42am
post #6 of 14

Your Yoshidas loin may not have been that far overdone, sometimes they'll slice tougher on the cap area. You'll know when you get further into the loin...if slicing cold, just reheat it slow while covered and it should snap right back to life...I heat slices by touch, and as soon as it's hot enough to make an ouch on the pinky-tip, it's ready for some bread, IMO.

 

Good looking pair you got there!

 

Eric

post #7 of 14

Oh that looks great Pande!  Man then loins are a smokers choice. Wait till ya cure one for Canadian Bacon.

post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemonium View Post


 


I have that same one Mudd, that was one of the handheld ones i was referring to, its my two tayler weekend warrior smoker ones that are screwing up, i read on that link that it  recalibrates? does that mean the digital ones can be recalibrated?


Depends on the thermometer. The one in the link does allow it. You may want to go to the manufactures website and see if your model can be calibrated.

post #9 of 14

Looks great!  

 

I really like the Yoshida's, just done some chicken breast and stir fry with it last week.  

 

post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by forluvofsmoke View Post

Your Yoshidas loin may not have been that far overdone, sometimes they'll slice tougher on the cap area. You'll know when you get further into the loin...if slicing cold, just reheat it slow while covered and it should snap right back to life...I heat slices by touch, and as soon as it's hot enough to make an ouch on the pinky-tip, it's ready for some bread, IMO.

 

Good looking pair you got there!

 

Eric


I think your right because i was sick to my stomach lol No kidding on the first one that i only sliced into the second one because a buddy was over and wanted to try it, man i woke up two hours later hurting because i ate too much, and i still havent touched the second half today lol

post #11 of 14

Pork loins are what got me into smoking.  A friend smoked up 6 of them for my son's wedding reception.  Within a week, I owned Smoke Vault.  I think loins are my favorite, but ribs and pulled pork are right up there too.  Loins are by far the easiest .  I haven't stuffed one yet and don't know if I will.  They are great just rubbed and smoked.

post #12 of 14

Man I can't believe you have been here that long and have never smoked a loin. Now if you think that injecting one tasted good maybe you should try stuffing one. You will be in for a whole new world of smoking great flavors. Now go get you another loin and get to smoking.

http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/tt66/mballi3011/pork%20loin/ 

You really need to try one of theses.

post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mballi3011 View Post

Man I can't believe you have been here that long and have never smoked a loin. Now if you think that injecting one tasted good maybe you should try stuffing one. You will be in for a whole new world of smoking great flavors. Now go get you another loin and get to smoking.

http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/tt66/mballi3011/pork%20loin/ 

You really need to try one of theses.



That looks awesome Mballi

post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 

I just wanted to mention that the second loin was not dryed out i done good!! Just had me a sammy with melted cheddar cheese and chipolte mayo mmgood

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › My First Pork Loin