SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Reverse Flow › New Thermometers Installed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Thermometers Installed

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

I just installed these Friday and did a smoke Sunday, its amazing at how much more relaxed I am with these installed.

Checked them in boiling water and they were dead on.

 

Tomorrow I'll post my Sunday Smoke, don't have time today I have to go back and get some dental work done. I swear they're gonna hit oil if they drill anymore.

 

2480899350041211880S600x600Q85.jpg

 

2884791970041211880S600x600Q85.jpg

 

2121204070041211880S600x600Q85.jpg

 

2971005880041211880S600x600Q85.jpg

post #2 of 11

cool therms...where did you get them and how much

post #3 of 11

Nice...  Those are good thermometers....

post #4 of 11

Nice work. There is going to be no quessing what temps you are running across the grate any more. Well Done!

post #5 of 11

Those are what I use. TEL-TRU says it all!!! Maybe It's because there made in the USA

post #6 of 11

Looks Great.

 

If it isn't to much trouble could you check and see how long the probe is past the threads?

 

I'm looking for some stubby thermo's. I drilled mine to close to the grate and the length has been a problem.

 

Thanks.

post #7 of 11



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQWIB View Post

I just installed these Friday and did a smoke Sunday, its amazing at how much more relaxed I am with these installed.

Checked them in boiling water and they were dead on.

 

Tomorrow I'll post my Sunday Smoke, don't have time today I have to go back and get some dental work done. I swear they're gonna hit oil if they drill anymore.

 

 

 

 

2971005880041211880S600x600Q85.jpg





 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbranstner View Post

Nice work. There is going to be no quessing what temps you are running across the grate any more. Well Done!


Apparently 240 to 300.  Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

 

I'm interested in the where, how much question. The one in mine is useless.
 

post #8 of 11

 

Quote:
 I'm looking for some stubby thermo's 

     I got mine from KCK.com   If I remember correctly 3" thermo was $35.00

post #9 of 11

It looks like you did a fine job there Sqwib.

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boykjo View Post

cool therms...where did you get them and how much



KCK.COM

Had them in 2 days

$34.75 and $6.00 shipping for 1st then $3.00 for each additional

post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom37 View Post

Looks Great.

 

If it isn't to much trouble could you check and see how long the probe is past the threads?

 

I'm looking for some stubby thermo's. I drilled mine to close to the grate and the length has been a problem.

 

Thanks.

 

2.5" stems

you can drill the hole and thread slightly upward so they clear the grates.

I wouldn't order their $5.00 locking nut, it comes with a cheap one that works fine
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Reverse Flow
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Reverse Flow › New Thermometers Installed