New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brickoven wings

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

 

If you have a brickoven you have to put your wings in it to cook.  

I soak my wings in olive oil and seasoned with Italian spices. Place the wings over a bed of onions and cooked them in my coal fired oven at 900 degrees for twenty minutes. They had to be the best wings I ever had. They were so crisp and great flavor.

 

post #2 of 14

QVIEW OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

post #3 of 14

Now thats a saying we have here. We really like the Q-view (pictures) cause it not bad enough that we sit here reading about the smoked foods we need somethingnto look at. It's like reading porn it just doesn't do it for most of us.So with thats said Welcome Fireguy to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

 

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 

I guess you can say I’m a probie at this forum. I never did take pictures of the wings in the brick oven but I do have of a pizza and my out door set up. Enjoy!! I built it myself.Brick oven 010.jpgBrick oven 013.jpg

post #5 of 14

Nice setup there 

post #6 of 14

Very nice setup you made!!

post #7 of 14

Awesome setup!  Did you build the cabinets and counter tops?  I would love to do something similar in my yard.  Not necessarily the brick oven, but the storage and counter tops for outdoor cooking.  Any hints?

post #8 of 14

That is a very nice setup you have - I bet it is fun to cook with all the toys

post #9 of 14

WOW!!!!

 

Jealousy does not even begin to express what I am feeling!!!!

post #10 of 14

That is one great outdoor kitchen!!

 

So where is the big screen TV?

post #11 of 14

Hmmmm, What's the word I'm looking for, Hmmmm,

I know what it is---

 

AWESOME !

 

 

Bear

post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTWarren View Post

WOW!!!!

 

Jealousy does not even begin to express what I am feeling!!!!



me two that is nice

post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Catka View Post

Awesome setup!  Did you build the cabinets and counter tops?  I would love to do something similar in my yard.  Not necessarily the brick oven, but the storage and counter tops for outdoor cooking.  Any hints?

I built the shell out of concrete block and applied the simulate block over it. The counter top is granite. It took about 120hrs. The cook top, draws, and doors was from Lowe's.

Just purchase your components first then build.

 

 

 

 

Brick oven 005.jpg

post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookologist View Post



 

I built the shell out of concrete block and applied the simulate block over it. The counter top is granite. It took about 120hrs. The cook top, draws, and doors was from Lowe's.

Just purchase your components first then build.

 

 

 

 

Brick oven 005.jpg


 

I just saw a display model almost exactly like yours at a place called "Prestige Granite" in Emmaus, PA.

Yours looks to be a much better job though !

You gotta be proud of that!

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry