or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Care And Feeding of a 5lb Grizzly Stuffer -15 Pics QView -Good for Rookies
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Care And Feeding of a 5lb Grizzly Stuffer -15 Pics QView -Good for Rookies - Page 3

post #41 of 50

This is awesome. Wish I would of found it sooner, but even so...taking back the stuffer plate to BPS ($18!) and using that an additional funds for this.

 

What would you estimate the time to do one run of sausage? Or how long to do one 5# run?

post #42 of 50

Great info on this thread, thanks

post #43 of 50
Thread Starter 

Aww... thank you for the compliment!!


I am not kidding when I say that I can stuff as fast as I can turn the crank. If I have a fully loaded stuffer horn (I can easily fit five feet of natural casing soaked on there, that's five pounds.) I can spin them out in under two minutes.

 

If I am doing more than 5lb, I do have to spin the wheel back up to re-pack it, and when spinning it up empty, the handle can slip off pretty easy. I slipped a thin thin rubber band onto the peg that the handle goes on and problem solved.

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbomx363 View Post

This is awesome. Wish I would of found it sooner, but even so...taking back the stuffer plate to BPS ($18!) and using that an additional funds for this.

 

What would you estimate the time to do one run of sausage? Or how long to do one 5# run?

post #44 of 50
Thread Starter 


Thanks, SQWIB!! Okay... how did you get that name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQWIB View Post

Great info on this thread, thanks

post #45 of 50

Thanks I just bought one just like yours but have not used it yet but I am soon .

post #46 of 50

Good job Princess!  And I am glad you got some metal gears for backup.  LOL

post #47 of 50
Thread Starter 


Do you know they have been back-ordered since I put up this post?  Does anyone else manufacture them?

 

::poutyface::

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterRick View Post

Good job Princess!  And I am glad you got some metal gears for backup.  LOL

post #48 of 50
Thread Starter 

Let me know what you decide to do about mounting it?  I like having mine perma-bolted but am always up for new ideas!!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

Thanks I just bought one just like yours but have not used it yet but I am soon .

post #49 of 50

Thanks for the great breakdown of the Grizzly stuffer.

 

I just purchased one for $64.95 directly from Grizzly ... icon14.gif
 

post #50 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitysmoker View Post

Thanks for the great breakdown of the Grizzly stuffer.

 

I just purchased one for $64.95 directly from Grizzly ... icon14.gif
 


Dont force the meat thru the tube or ya will strip them gears.

 

Good luck & have fun

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Care And Feeding of a 5lb Grizzly Stuffer -15 Pics QView -Good for Rookies