or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Thursday Night Chili
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thursday Night Chili

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 

I was craving some chili so i decide to make some!! i found some killer chuck boneless short ribs on sale for 95 cents a pound it was a one day sale thing. but the chili came amazing!!! here are some pics!

 

Here are the chilies and spices ready got i toasted the chilies on a open flame before blending them.

001.JPG

the meat all browned

002.JPG

and added some homemade bacon

004.JPG

005.JPG

then i cooked down the sauce to a paste form.

006.JPG

then i add the beef and bacon and cook on low for 2/12 hours

011.JPG

then finally its time to eat!!

032.JPG

post #2 of 16

WOW....looks delicious..

post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 

thanks i know i posted a lot of pics but what can i say i love q-view!!!!!

post #4 of 16

Looks good to me. Gotta love a good chili.

post #5 of 16

That looks like it would clean my sinuses right out! I would love to have a couple of bowls of that! Great Q-view too!

post #6 of 16

Great looking chili for sure.  I would love me a couple of bowls

post #7 of 16

Yes I agree with all the other good folks here. Thats some fine looking chili you have there. Then I take my hat off to ya too chili without beans now thats what I'm talkin about.all around.

post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bratrules View Post

thanks i know i posted a lot of pics but what can i say i love q-view!!!!!



Great looking Chili !

No such thing as too much Qview in my book!

 

Thanks,

Bear

post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 

Thanks for all the complements!!! And when it comes to chili am a purest i never add tomato or beans i love the taste of meat and chili's lol!!!

post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 

Oh and of course what i did with the left overs was..................

Photo0513.jpg

post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bratrules View Post

Thanks for all the complements!!! And when it comes to chili am a purest i never add tomato or beans i love the taste of meat and chili's lol!!!



 Thats a good looking chili. You have a recipe to share?

post #12 of 16

Oh yea....now thats a "Chili Dog".....

post #13 of 16

Woohoo! Those dogs look awesome! That's what I am having for dinner. A glass (er, bottle) of wine and a footlong Nathans dog with pico de gallo! Yummmmm!

post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 

Sure my recipe is pretty much straight forward and goes like this

any kind of beef you like or whats on sale!!

and as for chili's i use arbol chili's and new Mexico chili's and i toast them over a open flame as how much to add i put in like 5 arbol and 6 new Mexico.

and as spices go whole black pepper, cumin, oregano, and half a head of garlic, tortillas chips (as a thickener) put it all in the blender till smooth. fry it up along with some chopped onions till its as thick as tomato paste. then add your brown beef and bacon and cover with chicken stock cook until the meat is very tender!! that's about it. if anybody has any questions let me know!!

post #15 of 16



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratrules View Post

Sure my recipe is pretty much straight forward and goes like this

any kind of beef you like or whats on sale!!

and as for chili's i use arbol chili's and new Mexico chili's and i toast them over a open flame as how much to add i put in like 5 arbol and 6 new Mexico.

and as spices go whole black pepper, cumin, oregano, and half a head of garlic, tortillas chips (as a thickener) put it all in the blender till smooth. fry it up along with some chopped onions till its as thick as tomato paste. then add your brown beef and bacon and cover with chicken stock cook until the meat is very tender!! that's about it. if anybody has any questions let me know!!


Thanks, gonna have to make some. I have a jar of Chile arbol powder from dried ones I made, cant find fresh ones my way. New mexico I can find them.
 

post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post

Woohoo! Those dogs look awesome! That's what I am having for dinner. A glass (er, bottle) of wine and a footlong Nathans dog with pico de gallo! Yummmmm!



You're lucky Cheryl !

The squirrels around here just eat nuts and acorns. They used to eat the seeds out of my bird feeder, until I got my "Squirrel Proof Feeder".

 

 

Thanks for the Great recipe bratrules !

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Thursday Night Chili