SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Announcements › Roll Call › New guy from Oklahoma
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New guy from Oklahoma

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Hi everyone!  I've lurked on this forum on and off a while and finally decided to join.  I'm in Oklahoma, just Southeast of Tulsa.  By day I run an Internet company and by night I chase my kids around and try to keep the smoker going.  

 

I've been smoking for a couple of years on a WSM and love it.  I also grill quite a bit on my Weber Genesis.  I'm shopping around now for an electric smoker to use when I just want something quick and easy without messing with the charcoal.  Once my kids are a little older and I have more free time I want to get into offset wood smoking and maybe some competitions.  My specialty is pork butts but I'll try smoking just about anything. 

 

My next big project is going to be getting some ponds dug on our land so that I can raise fish and possibly shrimp.  I'm really looking forward to experimenting with my own fish and shrimp in the smoker!

post #2 of 10

Thanks for the introduction, and welcome to the SMF. Homegrown catfish and shrimp sounds mighty good. Good luck on your shopping for an electric smoker. It's all good my friend.

post #3 of 10

First off Welcome Ack to SMF.  You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

 

Welcome To Your New Addiction

post #4 of 10

Welcome to the SMF Family Ack.  Lots of good folks here that will help you out.  You want to raise shrimps?  You need to hook up with our very own Cowgirl.  Cowgirl raises shimp and go give you some tips.

 

Enjoy!

post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 

Thanks everyone!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

You want to raise shrimps?  You need to hook up with our very own Cowgirl.  Cowgirl raises shimp and go give you some tips.

 

Enjoy!


That's actually where I got the idea!  I've been really interested in pond management for quite a while.  Raising shrimp in fresh water in Oklahoma never crossed my mind until I read about it on Cowgirl's site.  Now I can't get it out of my head!

post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ack226 View Post

Hi everyone!  I've lurked on this forum on and off a while and finally decided to join.  I'm in Oklahoma, just Southeast of Tulsa.  By day I run an Internet company and by night I chase my kids around and try to keep the smoker going.  

 

I've been smoking for a couple of years on a WSM and love it.  I also grill quite a bit on my Weber Genesis.  I'm shopping around now for an electric smoker to use when I just want something quick and easy without messing with the charcoal.  Once my kids are a little older and I have more free time I want to get into offset wood smoking and maybe some competitions.  My specialty is pork butts but I'll try smoking just about anything. 

 

My next big project is going to be getting some ponds dug on our land so that I can raise fish and possibly shrimp.  I'm really looking forward to experimenting with my own fish and shrimp in the smoker!



Welcome to the forum! Feel free to contact me about the shrimp.. I've been raising them for awhile.

post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 

Thanks Cowgirl!  I'm sure I'll take you up on that when the time comes.  I love your blog, by the way.

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ack226 View Post

Thanks Cowgirl!  I'm sure I'll take you up on that when the time comes.  I love your blog, by the way.



Thanks! :)

post #9 of 10

welcome44.gif

 



Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.
 

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.
 

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

post #10 of 10

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.  Yup cowgirl is quite the shrimp wrangler.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Roll Call
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Announcements › Roll Call › New guy from Oklahoma