Any good recipe for Caribbean Jerk Rub? and how much do I need to make for about 150 wings?
Need a caribbean Jerk Rub Recipe
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Here you go - I just used this one yesterday on some wings and man were they good
Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Recipe
Hot and spicy, with a wildly sweet and smokey aroma! It is wonderful on pork, chicken and seafood. This recipe is intended for rotisserie or indirect grilling methods but can also be used for roasting meats in the oven.
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, about 1 . 1/2 inches
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 bunches green onions
- 2 fresh scotch bonnet peppers or habanero peppers
- 6-8 garlic cloves, depending on size
- 2 fresh limes, juice of
- 31 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Conover, NC
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
This is pretty simple and everyone I've fed it loves it.
OD’s Hot Jerk Spice Dry Rub
- 3 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1.5 Tablespoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Chinese 5 spice blend
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir well.
- Stores just like any spice, keeps well.
- Just shake or mix well prior to use.
- Makes 1 cup.
To use, lightly spray meat of choice with olive oil, rub jerk spice into meat. Cover and marinade for at least 6 hours. Smoke or grill.