I am looking to smoke a couple chuck roasts this weekend for the first time and had some questions. I want to work out the bugs with this smoke so I can do a few more in September to take to the Bengals/Patriots season opener. I plan on injecting and rubbing them today and wrapping them for the fridge overnight. I'll put them on the smoker tomorrow at around 9:00am and take them to 155-160 and foil to 200-205 because I want to pull the meat. I have a few questions:
1. Suggestions for injection?
2. Suggestions for the rub? Remember- I'm cooking for the masses so I can't go too spicy.
3. Foiling- I planned on getting a foil pan to catch the drippings, do I use this same pan for the foil portion of the cooking by just adding some braising liquid and covering with foil?
4. Resting- how long should I 'towel and cooler' the roasts? I don't plan on pulling until Sunday.
5. Best wood to use for chucks?
Any help is appreciated.
PS- Might try my hand at Qview on this smoke.