Related Forum Threads
- My First Brisket with Q-View Last post on 10/6/10 at 8:02pm in Beef
- Where are the leftovers???? Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:58am in Beef
- To Charcoal Smoke or Gas or Electric? Last post on 8/21/08 at 7:09pm in General Discussion
- Honestly -- Electric VS Pellets Last post on 2/26/08 at 9:54pm in Electric Smokers
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated RibeyesLast edited: 8/26/11
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
Brisket!post #1 of 97/20/10 at 7:14pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 97/20/10 at 8:17pmpost #3 of 97/20/10 at 11:54pm
Looks like some sun-baked road kill on an old storm drain...
Like Piney said, give us the story with all the details...
BTW, welcome to the forum. Be sure to check in to the Roll Call section....post #4 of 97/21/10 at 6:15am
Welcome to the SMF, give us a Little introduction about yourself and your hardware. I moved your thread to roll call, so that everyone has the chance to welcome you. How about the story behind the brisket? it's all good my friend.post #5 of 97/21/10 at 6:23ampost #6 of 97/22/10 at 5:02amThread StarterSorry, meant to finish typing the backstory to accompany my QView. It's my first attempt at smoking a Brisket. I picked up a barrel smoker made by All Attachments (anyone heard of them before?) off of Craigslist for $20. It's made of iron with iron grates. I'll post pics later. Paid $20 for the smoker, no rust just some spiders. I on a restaurant in Baltimore and wanted to add some smoked meats and charcuterie to my menu.
It's a 25lb brisket smoked with Hickory and Mesquite for about 12 hours @ 200. The iron did an amazing job of keeping the temp steady! I rubbed her down with mustard followed by a spice blend of cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, and a touch of Old Bay and finely ground dark roast coffee. After resting in my walk in overnight I put her on @ 0500. Pulled her just shy of 1700 and wrapped her in foil, some kitchen towels and let her rest in our proofer box for another hour and a half.
Running her with some classic potato salad and a Cajun Cole Slaw with some Peach BBQ on the side for a little sweetness (Peaches are in season in MD so I picked up a case).
Very satisfied with the results, tender, juicy with a substantial smoke flavor but not overwhelming.post #7 of 97/22/10 at 5:54ampost #8 of 97/22/10 at 6:11am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated Ribeyes
- › Under the Sea Throwdown Winners!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Smoked Seafood Paella (Under the Sea TD) 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Hickory Smoked Chicken Rub With No Cayenne or Chilli... 10 minutes ago
- › Its 330 am time to smoke a butt! 10 minutes ago
- › Under the sea - Smoked Salmon Pasta 11 minutes ago
- › Under the sea - seafood tower(2) 15 minutes ago
- › New from Michigan 16 minutes ago
- › New guy from Canada 34 minutes ago
- › Smoked Wings on the Traeger 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Wife's away 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer