Related Forum Threads
- My First Brisket with Q-View Last post on 10/6/10 at 8:02pm in Beef
- Where are the leftovers???? Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:58am in Beef
- To Charcoal Smoke or Gas or Electric? Last post on 8/21/08 at 7:09pm in General Discussion
- Honestly -- Electric VS Pellets Last post on 2/26/08 at 9:54pm in Electric Smokers
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated RibeyesLast edited: 8/26/11
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
Brisket!post #1 of 97/20/10 at 7:14pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 97/20/10 at 8:17pmpost #3 of 97/20/10 at 11:54pm
Looks like some sun-baked road kill on an old storm drain...
Like Piney said, give us the story with all the details...
BTW, welcome to the forum. Be sure to check in to the Roll Call section....post #4 of 97/21/10 at 6:15am
Welcome to the SMF, give us a Little introduction about yourself and your hardware. I moved your thread to roll call, so that everyone has the chance to welcome you. How about the story behind the brisket? it's all good my friend.post #5 of 97/21/10 at 6:23ampost #6 of 97/22/10 at 5:02amThread StarterSorry, meant to finish typing the backstory to accompany my QView. It's my first attempt at smoking a Brisket. I picked up a barrel smoker made by All Attachments (anyone heard of them before?) off of Craigslist for $20. It's made of iron with iron grates. I'll post pics later. Paid $20 for the smoker, no rust just some spiders. I on a restaurant in Baltimore and wanted to add some smoked meats and charcuterie to my menu.
It's a 25lb brisket smoked with Hickory and Mesquite for about 12 hours @ 200. The iron did an amazing job of keeping the temp steady! I rubbed her down with mustard followed by a spice blend of cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, and a touch of Old Bay and finely ground dark roast coffee. After resting in my walk in overnight I put her on @ 0500. Pulled her just shy of 1700 and wrapped her in foil, some kitchen towels and let her rest in our proofer box for another hour and a half.
Running her with some classic potato salad and a Cajun Cole Slaw with some Peach BBQ on the side for a little sweetness (Peaches are in season in MD so I picked up a case).
Very satisfied with the results, tender, juicy with a substantial smoke flavor but not overwhelming.post #7 of 97/22/10 at 5:54ampost #8 of 97/22/10 at 6:11am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated Ribeyes
- › Mr T's "Smoked Cheese From Go To Show" w/ Q- View 1 minute ago
- › juices from foil wrapped brisket 6 minutes ago
- › Bar B Que gloves 10 minutes ago
- › Need help with fire box 16 minutes ago
- › Anybody ever smoke a whole bone in ribeye as prime rib? 18 minutes ago
- › Which stick burner to buy?? 27 minutes ago
- › Lang 36 patio/YoderCheyenne 28 minutes ago
- › SMOKED OSTRICH! 31 minutes ago
- › New - Oklahoma Joe's Highland Smoker 42 minutes ago
- › Scored this today for 80 bucks!!! 44 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub