Related Forum Threads
- My First Brisket with Q-View Last post on 10/6/10 at 8:02pm in Beef
- Where are the leftovers???? Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:58am in Beef
- To Charcoal Smoke or Gas or Electric? Last post on 8/21/08 at 7:09pm in General Discussion
- Honestly -- Electric VS Pellets Last post on 2/26/08 at 9:54pm in Electric Smokers
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated RibeyesLast edited: 8/26/11
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
Brisket!post #1 of 97/20/10 at 7:14pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 97/20/10 at 8:17pmpost #3 of 97/20/10 at 11:54pm
Looks like some sun-baked road kill on an old storm drain...
Like Piney said, give us the story with all the details...
BTW, welcome to the forum. Be sure to check in to the Roll Call section....post #4 of 97/21/10 at 6:15am
Welcome to the SMF, give us a Little introduction about yourself and your hardware. I moved your thread to roll call, so that everyone has the chance to welcome you. How about the story behind the brisket? it's all good my friend.post #5 of 97/21/10 at 6:23ampost #6 of 97/22/10 at 5:02amThread StarterSorry, meant to finish typing the backstory to accompany my QView. It's my first attempt at smoking a Brisket. I picked up a barrel smoker made by All Attachments (anyone heard of them before?) off of Craigslist for $20. It's made of iron with iron grates. I'll post pics later. Paid $20 for the smoker, no rust just some spiders. I on a restaurant in Baltimore and wanted to add some smoked meats and charcuterie to my menu.
It's a 25lb brisket smoked with Hickory and Mesquite for about 12 hours @ 200. The iron did an amazing job of keeping the temp steady! I rubbed her down with mustard followed by a spice blend of cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, and a touch of Old Bay and finely ground dark roast coffee. After resting in my walk in overnight I put her on @ 0500. Pulled her just shy of 1700 and wrapped her in foil, some kitchen towels and let her rest in our proofer box for another hour and a half.
Running her with some classic potato salad and a Cajun Cole Slaw with some Peach BBQ on the side for a little sweetness (Peaches are in season in MD so I picked up a case).
Very satisfied with the results, tender, juicy with a substantial smoke flavor but not overwhelming.post #7 of 97/22/10 at 5:54ampost #8 of 97/22/10 at 6:11am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated Ribeyes
- › Rollers Amish Bread and sandwees! 6 minutes ago
- › ThermoPro Intro Post! 14 minutes ago
- › Bob's MES 30 Analog build 17 minutes ago
- › Did some Baby Backs and a Butt this weekend!!! 23 minutes ago
- › The Secret To Good Sliced Brisket Defies Conventional Wisdom 28 minutes ago
- › Top Sirlioin Santa Maria Style 31 minutes ago
- › Smoker Build Blossoms into Massive Outdoor Kitchen Project 33 minutes ago
- › Big Weekend for the Final Smokes on my Cheap Offset 42 minutes ago
- › New York strips, mac n cheese, and grilled yellow squash 42 minutes ago
- › ThermoPro TP20 any good? 45 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › How to choose a good gas grill
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy