Related Forum Threads
- My First Brisket with Q-View Last post on 10/6/10 at 8:02pm in Beef
- Where are the leftovers???? Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:58am in Beef
- To Charcoal Smoke or Gas or Electric? Last post on 8/21/08 at 7:09pm in General Discussion
- Honestly -- Electric VS Pellets Last post on 2/26/08 at 9:54pm in Electric Smokers
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated RibeyesLast edited: 8/26/11
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
Brisket!post #1 of 97/20/10 at 7:14pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 97/20/10 at 8:17pmpost #3 of 97/20/10 at 11:54pm
Looks like some sun-baked road kill on an old storm drain...
Like Piney said, give us the story with all the details...
BTW, welcome to the forum. Be sure to check in to the Roll Call section....post #4 of 97/21/10 at 6:15am
Welcome to the SMF, give us a Little introduction about yourself and your hardware. I moved your thread to roll call, so that everyone has the chance to welcome you. How about the story behind the brisket? it's all good my friend.post #5 of 97/21/10 at 6:23ampost #6 of 97/22/10 at 5:02amThread StarterSorry, meant to finish typing the backstory to accompany my QView. It's my first attempt at smoking a Brisket. I picked up a barrel smoker made by All Attachments (anyone heard of them before?) off of Craigslist for $20. It's made of iron with iron grates. I'll post pics later. Paid $20 for the smoker, no rust just some spiders. I on a restaurant in Baltimore and wanted to add some smoked meats and charcuterie to my menu.
It's a 25lb brisket smoked with Hickory and Mesquite for about 12 hours @ 200. The iron did an amazing job of keeping the temp steady! I rubbed her down with mustard followed by a spice blend of cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, and a touch of Old Bay and finely ground dark roast coffee. After resting in my walk in overnight I put her on @ 0500. Pulled her just shy of 1700 and wrapped her in foil, some kitchen towels and let her rest in our proofer box for another hour and a half.
Running her with some classic potato salad and a Cajun Cole Slaw with some Peach BBQ on the side for a little sweetness (Peaches are in season in MD so I picked up a case).
Very satisfied with the results, tender, juicy with a substantial smoke flavor but not overwhelming.post #7 of 97/22/10 at 5:54ampost #8 of 97/22/10 at 6:11am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated Ribeyes
- › Hello from Napa! 4 minutes ago
- › Lap Xuong 5 minutes ago
- › first pork butt 6 minutes ago
- › Grillstock 2017 8 minutes ago
- › New vinegar based sauce creation 9 minutes ago
- › First "big"smoke - small Boston butt, same guidelines? 12 minutes ago
- › What can I smoke tomorrow with no prep tonight? 13 minutes ago
- › SUSHI-If you can roll a fattie you can make sushi-STEPS & QVIEW! 15 minutes ago
- › Canadian bacon 20 minutes ago
- › Ring Bologna 31 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot
- › Smoking Log Template