Related Forum Threads
- My First Brisket with Q-View Last post on 10/6/10 at 8:02pm in Beef
- Where are the leftovers???? Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:58am in Beef
- To Charcoal Smoke or Gas or Electric? Last post on 8/21/08 at 7:09pm in General Discussion
- Honestly -- Electric VS Pellets Last post on 2/26/08 at 9:54pm in Electric Smokers
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated RibeyesLast edited: 8/26/11
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Brisket!post #1 of 97/20/10 at 7:14pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 97/20/10 at 8:17pmpost #3 of 97/20/10 at 11:54pm
Looks like some sun-baked road kill on an old storm drain...
Like Piney said, give us the story with all the details...
BTW, welcome to the forum. Be sure to check in to the Roll Call section....post #4 of 97/21/10 at 6:15am
Welcome to the SMF, give us a Little introduction about yourself and your hardware. I moved your thread to roll call, so that everyone has the chance to welcome you. How about the story behind the brisket? it's all good my friend.post #5 of 97/21/10 at 6:23ampost #6 of 97/22/10 at 5:02amThread StarterSorry, meant to finish typing the backstory to accompany my QView. It's my first attempt at smoking a Brisket. I picked up a barrel smoker made by All Attachments (anyone heard of them before?) off of Craigslist for $20. It's made of iron with iron grates. I'll post pics later. Paid $20 for the smoker, no rust just some spiders. I on a restaurant in Baltimore and wanted to add some smoked meats and charcuterie to my menu.
It's a 25lb brisket smoked with Hickory and Mesquite for about 12 hours @ 200. The iron did an amazing job of keeping the temp steady! I rubbed her down with mustard followed by a spice blend of cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, and a touch of Old Bay and finely ground dark roast coffee. After resting in my walk in overnight I put her on @ 0500. Pulled her just shy of 1700 and wrapped her in foil, some kitchen towels and let her rest in our proofer box for another hour and a half.
Running her with some classic potato salad and a Cajun Cole Slaw with some Peach BBQ on the side for a little sweetness (Peaches are in season in MD so I picked up a case).
Very satisfied with the results, tender, juicy with a substantial smoke flavor but not overwhelming.post #7 of 97/22/10 at 5:54ampost #8 of 97/22/10 at 6:11am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated Ribeyes
- › First full meal in the MES 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Maybe an easy one fellas.... 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Salt and pepper Tri tip over post oak 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › looking for a very mild snack stick/slim jim/pepperette recipe 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › PABEEF 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › It's what's for dinner 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Debunking Beer Can Chicken 3 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Cold smoke attachment and bacon 3 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Just a "Little" pulled pork 3 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › My first build. 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona