I know a number of us watched this episode where Guy Fieri went to KC. I went to his website and they had the recipe for the jalapeno sausage from R.J's Bob-Be-Que Shack in Mission, Kansas. It turned out amazing. Used a bunch of peppers fresh from the garden. Tasty Here is the recipe from his website:
- 16 corn husks
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2-ounce chicken base dissolved in 2 ounces cold water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped and seeded jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds coarsely ground pork butt
Heat a smoker or grill to 250 degrees F.
Soak corn husks in warm water for 15 minutes. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and add the ground pork. Combine well. Put approximately 6 ounces of the sausage mixture 8 of the open wet corn husks. Put another corn husk on top and wrap and tie each end with string. Smoke until the sausage temperature reaches 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer the husks to a serving platter and serve.
Turned out freaking amazing!!!!!!! Next batch will have some cheese and a few other ingrediants added to it. :)