I have read where many people spray their brisket (or ribs or butt) with apple juice. The question is, do you spray with pure apple juice or do you mix other stuff with it?
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
I started out on a friends Traegar at work and made the decision to get a pellet smoker, I researched for awhile and was leaning towards the Green Mountain Grill line, I went and checked them out...
Noob question about spraying the brisketpost #1 of 67/13/10 at 5:42pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 67/13/10 at 5:47pm
I mix other things in mine time to time and depending what I am smoking. Other times I just go with apple juice. As you smoke try it different ways till you get the one yo like bestpost #3 of 67/13/10 at 6:46pm
Spraying or mopping your brisket is a personal choice, I feel. Your brisk is what you make of it. Experiment & have some fun with it. You'd be surprised at what you could come up with as far as mops or sprays are concerned.post #4 of 67/13/10 at 7:11pmpost #5 of 67/14/10 at 6:06pm
What you sprey with or mop with is a personal preference, play with diffrent things and find what suites you and the people that eat your Q. My preference is apple juice and Jack Daniels and sometimes a little coca cola, whatever floats your boat.post #6 of 67/14/10 at 6:14pm
What these guys said.
I will add though that you really should do one with just S+P first. Keep the first brisket simple.
Once you taste it out of your rig, you'll be able to figure out what you like and what you think will taste good.
Experimenting is what we're all about, but to do it right, you have to have a control group.
If I were going to do my first again, I'd do 2. 1 with just S+P and 1 with a simple rub and a simple mop.
- Noob question about spraying the brisket
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Pizza dough you can sink your teeth into 2 minutes ago
- › Hog rings and hog ring plyers 3 minutes ago
- › SMOKED CHICKEN ENCHILADAS 6 minutes ago
- › No longer amateur upgrading Smoker 7 minutes ago
- › Turkey time! 9 minutes ago
- › Help Newbie in need of guidance 9 minutes ago
- › Pork shoulder picnic... sausage making??? 13 minutes ago
- › First Brisket--A Success 14 minutes ago
- › wood in the cook chamber 15 minutes ago
- › Lump Charcoal On SALE at Home Depot 16 minutes ago
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...