I have read where many people spray their brisket (or ribs or butt) with apple juice. The question is, do you spray with pure apple juice or do you mix other stuff with it?
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
Noob question about spraying the brisketpost #1 of 67/13/10 at 5:42pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 67/13/10 at 5:47pm
I mix other things in mine time to time and depending what I am smoking. Other times I just go with apple juice. As you smoke try it different ways till you get the one yo like bestpost #3 of 67/13/10 at 6:46pm
Spraying or mopping your brisket is a personal choice, I feel. Your brisk is what you make of it. Experiment & have some fun with it. You'd be surprised at what you could come up with as far as mops or sprays are concerned.post #4 of 67/13/10 at 7:11pmpost #5 of 67/14/10 at 6:06pm
What you sprey with or mop with is a personal preference, play with diffrent things and find what suites you and the people that eat your Q. My preference is apple juice and Jack Daniels and sometimes a little coca cola, whatever floats your boat.post #6 of 67/14/10 at 6:14pm
What these guys said.
I will add though that you really should do one with just S+P first. Keep the first brisket simple.
Once you taste it out of your rig, you'll be able to figure out what you like and what you think will taste good.
Experimenting is what we're all about, but to do it right, you have to have a control group.
If I were going to do my first again, I'd do 2. 1 with just S+P and 1 with a simple rub and a simple mop.
- Noob question about spraying the brisket
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Brined? Frenched? Rubbed? Smoked? Glazed? Cheap Pork Roast! 3 minutes ago
- › Grilling Some Thighs 6 minutes ago
- › Trying my smoking wits on St. Louis Spareribs. 13 minutes ago
- › Craigslist Find....To buy or not to buy??? 16 minutes ago
- › Ribs and Relaxation 17 minutes ago
- › Applewood Smoked Apple Dumplings 24 minutes ago
- › BDSkelly ~ Smoked Turkey Breasts on the MES 31 minutes ago
- › Tiny Fatty Appetizers - with pictures 31 minutes ago
- › New Forum Member and question about pork shoulders (smoker shut off... 57 minutes ago
- › full refrigerator a good idea? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ