I have read where many people spray their brisket (or ribs or butt) with apple juice. The question is, do you spray with pure apple juice or do you mix other stuff with it?
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
Noob question about spraying the brisketpost #1 of 67/13/10 at 5:42pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 67/13/10 at 5:47pm
I mix other things in mine time to time and depending what I am smoking. Other times I just go with apple juice. As you smoke try it different ways till you get the one yo like bestpost #3 of 67/13/10 at 6:46pm
Spraying or mopping your brisket is a personal choice, I feel. Your brisk is what you make of it. Experiment & have some fun with it. You'd be surprised at what you could come up with as far as mops or sprays are concerned.post #4 of 67/13/10 at 7:11pmpost #5 of 67/14/10 at 6:06pm
What you sprey with or mop with is a personal preference, play with diffrent things and find what suites you and the people that eat your Q. My preference is apple juice and Jack Daniels and sometimes a little coca cola, whatever floats your boat.post #6 of 67/14/10 at 6:14pm
What these guys said.
I will add though that you really should do one with just S+P first. Keep the first brisket simple.
Once you taste it out of your rig, you'll be able to figure out what you like and what you think will taste good.
Experimenting is what we're all about, but to do it right, you have to have a control group.
If I were going to do my first again, I'd do 2. 1 with just S+P and 1 with a simple rub and a simple mop.
- Noob question about spraying the brisket
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › What pellets with what food? 16 minutes ago
- › Question on Kettle grill quality 18 minutes ago
- › Smoking steaks 28 minutes ago
- › Injected pork butt and still a little dry...? 31 minutes ago
- › First Soue Vide cooked corned beef 51 minutes ago
- › Give me your best whole chicken process! 57 minutes ago
- › Searching for the best sauce for pulled smoked chicken thighs 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › What to Use for Heat 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › pork butte is on 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › First time smoking pork back ribs. 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations