I have read where many people spray their brisket (or ribs or butt) with apple juice. The question is, do you spray with pure apple juice or do you mix other stuff with it?
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Noob question about spraying the brisketpost #1 of 67/13/10 at 5:42pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 67/13/10 at 5:47pm
I mix other things in mine time to time and depending what I am smoking. Other times I just go with apple juice. As you smoke try it different ways till you get the one yo like bestpost #3 of 67/13/10 at 6:46pm
Spraying or mopping your brisket is a personal choice, I feel. Your brisk is what you make of it. Experiment & have some fun with it. You'd be surprised at what you could come up with as far as mops or sprays are concerned.post #4 of 67/13/10 at 7:11pmpost #5 of 67/14/10 at 6:06pm
What you sprey with or mop with is a personal preference, play with diffrent things and find what suites you and the people that eat your Q. My preference is apple juice and Jack Daniels and sometimes a little coca cola, whatever floats your boat.post #6 of 67/14/10 at 6:14pm
What these guys said.
I will add though that you really should do one with just S+P first. Keep the first brisket simple.
Once you taste it out of your rig, you'll be able to figure out what you like and what you think will taste good.
Experimenting is what we're all about, but to do it right, you have to have a control group.
If I were going to do my first again, I'd do 2. 1 with just S+P and 1 with a simple rub and a simple mop.
- Noob question about spraying the brisket
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Beef Ribs 11 minutes ago
- › My new Akorn JR 15 minutes ago
- › New guy! 18 minutes ago
- › 3 whole Chickens at once to much? 27 minutes ago
- › Smoking Garlic Cloves 37 minutes ago
- › Smokestack with no firebox 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt instructions 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › What's your favorite home cooked meal?? 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Chicken Thighs (Hickory Smoked) 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › First try at a UDS 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ