I have read where many people spray their brisket (or ribs or butt) with apple juice. The question is, do you spray with pure apple juice or do you mix other stuff with it?
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
Noob question about spraying the brisketpost #1 of 67/13/10 at 5:42pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 67/13/10 at 5:47pm
I mix other things in mine time to time and depending what I am smoking. Other times I just go with apple juice. As you smoke try it different ways till you get the one yo like bestpost #3 of 67/13/10 at 6:46pm
Spraying or mopping your brisket is a personal choice, I feel. Your brisk is what you make of it. Experiment & have some fun with it. You'd be surprised at what you could come up with as far as mops or sprays are concerned.post #4 of 67/13/10 at 7:11pmpost #5 of 67/14/10 at 6:06pm
What you sprey with or mop with is a personal preference, play with diffrent things and find what suites you and the people that eat your Q. My preference is apple juice and Jack Daniels and sometimes a little coca cola, whatever floats your boat.post #6 of 67/14/10 at 6:14pm
What these guys said.
I will add though that you really should do one with just S+P first. Keep the first brisket simple.
Once you taste it out of your rig, you'll be able to figure out what you like and what you think will taste good.
Experimenting is what we're all about, but to do it right, you have to have a control group.
If I were going to do my first again, I'd do 2. 1 with just S+P and 1 with a simple rub and a simple mop.
- Noob question about spraying the brisket
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Dry Beans with No Soak?? 4 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Pastrami Loaf with QView!!! 5 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Parsnips 5 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Trying out new rib rack and a new rub (W/ Q-View) 6 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › ThermoPro Intro Post! 6 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › I made a HOT alley. 6 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Smoked Meatloaf 7 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Yoder cheyenne 7 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Lamb shoulder 7 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Pellet grill 7 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods