This is how I did mine on my Chargriller Pro with SFB... I used high temp silicone to adhere the rope to the metal.
For the sides I created a L channel for the rope to fit it. I took two pieces of L channel, put them reversed of each other, drilled and riveted them together and bolted it onto the sides of the smoker. This resulted in a perfect channel for the rope to fit in.
View from the top of the side...
View from top side looking down, lid closed. Because the L channel is higher than the rope, it will hide the rope when looking at it from the side dead on.
For the front, I put the rope on the upper lid as there was a nice area for it to fit there already...
And the back, I put it on the back of the lid, when you close the lid it will complete the seal. I put it on the lid because the rope should stay cleaner than if I put in on the back on the lower smoking chamber (less carbon buildup).
I hope this helps.