I use vinegar in my wet rubs all the time for pork and poultry, not beef.
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- Bones up or down. Last post on 11/19/13 at 10:07am in Pork
- Ribs: Wet, Dry, Sweet, Spicy... Something For Everyone Last post on 9/30/13 at 4:27pm in Pork
- First Pork Rib's, First Q'View Last post on 9/16/13 at 10:48am in Pork
- Does anyone marinate ribs before smoking? Last post on 6/13/14 at 5:54am in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
vinegar and ribs - Page 2post #21 of 267/20/10 at 7:14pm
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 267/22/10 at 6:30am
Quote:Originally Posted by swalker
Give it a try...Rum is made from sugar...as I have been told...so it seems to put a good bark on the meat. Give it a try and let me know what you think...I have used it for a long time now. It is just stuff we learn as we go along...Smok'in is great ain't it?
I have a yearly camping event going on the first week of August and I'm going to be doing up about 15 racks. I will most certainly try out your spiced rum and apple juice spritz. I'll set up a Qview and let you know how it turns out. You could not be more right, smoking IS great!!! It's even better now that I have people to discuss it with! Thanks SMF!!!
Johnny K.post #23 of 267/22/10 at 7:01am
I do the same with Jameson's, minus the ginger, lemon and lime...
If you would like a real treat in the blistering summer sun, try whipping up some Lynchburg Lemonaid.
- 1 Can of lemonaid from concentrate (Making it from scratch is always best but who's got time for that???)
- 3 cans of water (As per the instructions on the can of lemonaid.)
- 1/2 cup of bar lime (Adds a little more tart and cuts some of the sweet. Can be left out if you like it a bit sweeter.)
- I can of Sprite
- Fresh lemon and lime slices (The more the better!!! I would usually use 3 limes and 2 lemons per jug.)
- 26oz of Jack Daniels (Surprise, surprise...)
Mix, pour over ice, serve... For something a little more special, grab a bottle of Raspberry syrup and add a small splash to each glass. (Use the syrup sparingly as it is really sweet and concentrated.) This lemonade is super quick, easy and always a hit at all of my events!!!
WARNING: Goes down real easy and is a wee bit strong but a very light Jackie D taste... Count how many your drinking or you may find yourself feeling real good in a real hurry!!!
What was this thread about originally???post #24 of 267/22/10 at 3:41pmpost #25 of 267/22/10 at 9:53pm
We're talking ribs, right?????? Now, I've really got some ideas for a truck group campout, boondocking at it's best..... and I'm doing ribs.....with a kick. Let's see, Meyers Rum and apple juice. Secret squirrel stuff.......post #26 of 267/23/10 at 8:56am
A vinegar rinse or short soak certainly wont do any harm, but dont forget that your about to cook those things for 5-6 hours. Any tenderizing affect is going to be negligilble if you cook the ribs properly, so I wouldnt go too far out of my way to make sure I use vinegar.
- vinegar and ribs
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Help me...brisket! 1 minute ago
- › Struggling 2 minutes ago
- › I have been cited by the wife. 7 minutes ago
- › Bark question 12 minutes ago
- › Need some opinions 13 minutes ago
- › Brisket First-Timer - A Few Questions 15 minutes ago
- › 2017 Fattie Contest 16 minutes ago
- › Boudin Time! 16 minutes ago
- › Which smoker to buy 41 minutes ago
- › Question about Traeger/Pellet Grills 48 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ