I use vinegar in my wet rubs all the time for pork and poultry, not beef.
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- Bones up or down. Last post on 11/19/13 at 10:07am in Pork
- Ribs: Wet, Dry, Sweet, Spicy... Something For Everyone Last post on 9/30/13 at 4:27pm in Pork
- First Pork Rib's, First Q'View Last post on 9/16/13 at 10:48am in Pork
- Does anyone marinate ribs before smoking? Last post on 6/13/14 at 5:54am in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
vinegar and ribs - Page 2post #21 of 267/20/10 at 7:14pm
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 267/22/10 at 6:30am
Quote:Originally Posted by swalker
Give it a try...Rum is made from sugar...as I have been told...so it seems to put a good bark on the meat. Give it a try and let me know what you think...I have used it for a long time now. It is just stuff we learn as we go along...Smok'in is great ain't it?
I have a yearly camping event going on the first week of August and I'm going to be doing up about 15 racks. I will most certainly try out your spiced rum and apple juice spritz. I'll set up a Qview and let you know how it turns out. You could not be more right, smoking IS great!!! It's even better now that I have people to discuss it with! Thanks SMF!!!
Johnny K.post #23 of 267/22/10 at 7:01am
I do the same with Jameson's, minus the ginger, lemon and lime...
If you would like a real treat in the blistering summer sun, try whipping up some Lynchburg Lemonaid.
- 1 Can of lemonaid from concentrate (Making it from scratch is always best but who's got time for that???)
- 3 cans of water (As per the instructions on the can of lemonaid.)
- 1/2 cup of bar lime (Adds a little more tart and cuts some of the sweet. Can be left out if you like it a bit sweeter.)
- I can of Sprite
- Fresh lemon and lime slices (The more the better!!! I would usually use 3 limes and 2 lemons per jug.)
- 26oz of Jack Daniels (Surprise, surprise...)
Mix, pour over ice, serve... For something a little more special, grab a bottle of Raspberry syrup and add a small splash to each glass. (Use the syrup sparingly as it is really sweet and concentrated.) This lemonade is super quick, easy and always a hit at all of my events!!!
WARNING: Goes down real easy and is a wee bit strong but a very light Jackie D taste... Count how many your drinking or you may find yourself feeling real good in a real hurry!!!
What was this thread about originally???post #24 of 267/22/10 at 3:41pmpost #25 of 267/22/10 at 9:53pm
We're talking ribs, right?????? Now, I've really got some ideas for a truck group campout, boondocking at it's best..... and I'm doing ribs.....with a kick. Let's see, Meyers Rum and apple juice. Secret squirrel stuff.......post #26 of 267/23/10 at 8:56am
A vinegar rinse or short soak certainly wont do any harm, but dont forget that your about to cook those things for 5-6 hours. Any tenderizing affect is going to be negligilble if you cook the ribs properly, so I wouldnt go too far out of my way to make sure I use vinegar.
- vinegar and ribs
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Debating a UDS build. Advice needed! 7 minutes ago
- › Propane smoker in a file cabinet - want to make a wooden door. 22 minutes ago
- › Do you need multiple probes???? 22 minutes ago
- › Long time reader with new MES smoker 39 minutes ago
- › I need help with my mailbox mod please... will not stay lit. 45 minutes ago
- › Central Florida Butcher? 54 minutes ago
- › Problem with getting wood to smolder 57 minutes ago
- › IT for slow cooked leg of lamb 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Getting discouraged. Salmon fiasco and Canadian bacon maybe. 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › SMOKED PULLED PORK FOR SUNDAY DINNER. 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations