I did a brisket a few years ago in a barrel type offset smoker with charcoal and wood chips it turned out great. Today I am doing my first one in my smoker at home, old fridge with propane burner, been using it for years for smoked butts, poultry, and tons of sausage. Wish me luck, I will try to remember to post pics. Also where is the best place to put my thermometer, this is a whole brisket with the point.
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
My first brisketpost #1 of 57/8/10 at 4:50amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/8/10 at 5:50am
Good luck on your brisket.
I have good luck just probing it in the thickest part of the meat. But have read lately about different parts giving different temps. If you have an extra probe, maybe try a couple spots at the same time and see if your getting any differences.post #3 of 57/9/10 at 11:09amThread Starterpost #4 of 57/9/10 at 11:36am
- My first brisket
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › There Is A Difference Between Low And Slow And Lower And Slower 7 minutes ago
- › Lamb shoulder 8 minutes ago
- › Get together in Pa **** date has been set. Oct 6-8 ****** 11 minutes ago
- › Country Style Ribs (SV & Grill) Best Ever! 19 minutes ago
- › Ribs done in 2.5 hours??? 33 minutes ago
- › UMAI Bag Sizes 38 minutes ago
- › first boston butt smoking planned for this weekend. Anyone want to... 43 minutes ago
- › Monday Kielbasi & Fassets Breakfast Sausage 50 minutes ago
- › August 2017 Throwdown - Yardbird Voting Thread 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Sausage patties texture 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods