I did a brisket a few years ago in a barrel type offset smoker with charcoal and wood chips it turned out great. Today I am doing my first one in my smoker at home, old fridge with propane burner, been using it for years for smoked butts, poultry, and tons of sausage. Wish me luck, I will try to remember to post pics. Also where is the best place to put my thermometer, this is a whole brisket with the point.
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
My first brisketpost #1 of 57/8/10 at 4:50amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/8/10 at 5:50am
Good luck on your brisket.
I have good luck just probing it in the thickest part of the meat. But have read lately about different parts giving different temps. If you have an extra probe, maybe try a couple spots at the same time and see if your getting any differences.post #3 of 57/9/10 at 11:09amThread Starterpost #4 of 57/9/10 at 11:36am
- My first brisket
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Chicken Cordon Bleu my first time 20 minutes ago
- › First Attempt @ Prime Rib 27 minutes ago
- › Yeti Resting 30 minutes ago
- › Old Commercial Cooler into a Hot Smoker 30 minutes ago
- › YS640 in cold weather 36 minutes ago
- › Just a "Little" pulled pork 37 minutes ago
- › before and after 57 minutes ago
- › Texas Style Hot Links 59 minutes ago
- › Bratwurst Sausage 1 hour ago
- › Pulled Pork 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona