I did a brisket a few years ago in a barrel type offset smoker with charcoal and wood chips it turned out great. Today I am doing my first one in my smoker at home, old fridge with propane burner, been using it for years for smoked butts, poultry, and tons of sausage. Wish me luck, I will try to remember to post pics. Also where is the best place to put my thermometer, this is a whole brisket with the point.
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
My first brisketpost #1 of 57/8/10 at 4:50amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/8/10 at 5:50am
Good luck on your brisket.
I have good luck just probing it in the thickest part of the meat. But have read lately about different parts giving different temps. If you have an extra probe, maybe try a couple spots at the same time and see if your getting any differences.post #3 of 57/9/10 at 11:09amThread Starterpost #4 of 57/9/10 at 11:36am
- My first brisket
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Cleaning the glass door in a MES 30" 32 seconds ago
- › How much Red Pepper? 3 minutes ago
- › Smoking my first fatty... 6 minutes ago
- › Vortex steaks. 8 minutes ago
- › Smoker dehydrated tomatoes 14 minutes ago
- › Need stuffer recomendations! 14 minutes ago
- › Smoking Wood for northern states. 19 minutes ago
- › Dueling Sirlloin Pork Roasts Spinning No Spit! 41 minutes ago
- › Sunday Sausage Day! 56 minutes ago
- › Fatty Cannon 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot