I did a brisket a few years ago in a barrel type offset smoker with charcoal and wood chips it turned out great. Today I am doing my first one in my smoker at home, old fridge with propane burner, been using it for years for smoked butts, poultry, and tons of sausage. Wish me luck, I will try to remember to post pics. Also where is the best place to put my thermometer, this is a whole brisket with the point.
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
My first brisketpost #1 of 57/8/10 at 4:50amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/8/10 at 5:50am
Good luck on your brisket.
I have good luck just probing it in the thickest part of the meat. But have read lately about different parts giving different temps. If you have an extra probe, maybe try a couple spots at the same time and see if your getting any differences.post #3 of 57/9/10 at 11:09amThread Starterpost #4 of 57/9/10 at 11:36am
- My first brisket
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › newbie 125 gallon reverse flow build the start 52 seconds ago
- › making snack sticks for the first time this weekend and a couple... 1 minute ago
- › propane 27 minutes ago
- › Ground Venison Jerky 38 minutes ago
- › Need indoor smoker for restaurant. 40 minutes ago
- › Hi From lakeside CA 41 minutes ago
- › 96x30" trailer build 44 minutes ago
- › Thermal switch / flame rollout placement. 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › SOUS VIDE PASTRAMI, A FIRST FOR ME! 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › New Forum Topic 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations