Can anyone help me out with a sweet rub for babybacks? I have Jeff''s Naked Rib Rub and it is great, but I have a few that thinks it is to spicy. If someone could help me out it would certainly be appreciated.
- topicPork Baby Back Ribstagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- Weber Genesis w/smoker Baby Back ribs & Bacon (for da beans). Last post on 12/12/13 at 5:56pm in Pork
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- Question on Ribs and Brisket Last post on 11/19/13 at 8:33pm in For New Members
- Chocolate Chipotle Baby Back Ribs Last post on 11/18/13 at 4:30am in Pork
Wild Hawg Rub
Last edited: 9/10/16
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Sweet Rub for BB'spost #1 of 57/3/10 at 9:20amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/3/10 at 9:27am
This is the rub i have decided to make as my go to for any pork.
first instead of plain yellow mustard . i mix
1 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup molasses
1 tsp liquid crab boil
Brush this liberally on your pork.
1/4 cup hungarian or spanish paprika
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup cbp
2 tsp celery seed
2 tsp ground mustard
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp nutmeg
1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar.
it helps to get the lumps out if you run this thru a grinder or food processer.
Coat the pork w/ a heavy coat of the rub. wrap and in the fridge overnight if possible.
B4 you smoke hit the pig w/ another dusting of rub and smoke away.
This recipe makes enough rub for 6 racks of spares or 2 large butts.
Hope you enjoy and let me know if you try it.
This is my pig rub and if it's not sweet enough you can add more sugar.
Also, i add 2 tsp cayanne when i make it for us .But i realize that everyone doesn't like the heat.post #3 of 57/3/10 at 9:34ampost #4 of 57/3/10 at 9:44ampost #5 of 57/3/10 at 3:21pm
This one is from America's Test Kitchen for Sweet and Sticky Kansas City Ribs. My other half likes sweet, and I don't. LOL
3 TBS Paprika
2 TBS Brown Sugar
1 TBS Salt
1 TBS Pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne
1 Onion minced and sweated
4 Cups Chicken Stock or Broth
1/2 Cup Molasses
1 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 TBS Brown Mustard
1/2 Cup Catsup
1/2 Cup Tomato Paste
1 TBS Hot Sauce
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Cup Root Beer.
Simmer about 45 minutes to reduce.
Too sweet for me, but she likes it.
- Sweet Rub for BB's
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
- › Hello from Pennsylvania 3 minutes ago
- › New Wisconsin smoker 12 minutes ago
- › converting to electric 19 minutes ago
- › Cabelas 12" Pro slicer 26 minutes ago
- › Ground Formed Bacon Money shot 27 minutes ago
- › First run at Beef Ribs 30 minutes ago
- › Pig Candy and some Spare Ribs 38 minutes ago
- › Another Brisket Story aka Brisket Redemption 45 minutes ago
- › Todays spin on a (i think lol ) fatty or double fatty ?? 54 minutes ago
- › Mailbox mod burnt up, need new one - suggestions pls? 58 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ