Can anyone help me out with a sweet rub for babybacks? I have Jeff''s Naked Rib Rub and it is great, but I have a few that thinks it is to spicy. If someone could help me out it would certainly be appreciated.
- topicPork Baby Back Ribstagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- Weber Genesis w/smoker Baby Back ribs & Bacon (for da beans). Last post on 12/12/13 at 5:56pm in Pork
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- Question on Ribs and Brisket Last post on 11/19/13 at 8:33pm in For New Members
- Chocolate Chipotle Baby Back Ribs Last post on 11/18/13 at 4:30am in Pork
Wild Hawg Rub
Last edited: 9/10/16
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
Sweet Rub for BB'spost #1 of 57/3/10 at 9:20amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/3/10 at 9:27am
This is the rub i have decided to make as my go to for any pork.
first instead of plain yellow mustard . i mix
1 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup molasses
1 tsp liquid crab boil
Brush this liberally on your pork.
1/4 cup hungarian or spanish paprika
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup cbp
2 tsp celery seed
2 tsp ground mustard
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp nutmeg
1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar.
it helps to get the lumps out if you run this thru a grinder or food processer.
Coat the pork w/ a heavy coat of the rub. wrap and in the fridge overnight if possible.
B4 you smoke hit the pig w/ another dusting of rub and smoke away.
This recipe makes enough rub for 6 racks of spares or 2 large butts.
Hope you enjoy and let me know if you try it.
This is my pig rub and if it's not sweet enough you can add more sugar.
Also, i add 2 tsp cayanne when i make it for us .But i realize that everyone doesn't like the heat.post #3 of 57/3/10 at 9:34ampost #4 of 57/3/10 at 9:44ampost #5 of 57/3/10 at 3:21pm
This one is from America's Test Kitchen for Sweet and Sticky Kansas City Ribs. My other half likes sweet, and I don't. LOL
3 TBS Paprika
2 TBS Brown Sugar
1 TBS Salt
1 TBS Pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne
1 Onion minced and sweated
4 Cups Chicken Stock or Broth
1/2 Cup Molasses
1 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 TBS Brown Mustard
1/2 Cup Catsup
1/2 Cup Tomato Paste
1 TBS Hot Sauce
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Cup Root Beer.
Simmer about 45 minutes to reduce.
Too sweet for me, but she likes it.
- Sweet Rub for BB's
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
- › Bierschinken, mortadella, mettwurst, and more 1 minute ago
- › Eye of Round Thai Jerky 2 minutes ago
- › Hi Everyone! 3 minutes ago
- › Another smoked hock terrine 9 minutes ago
- › Pops6927's Wet Curing Brine 9 minutes ago
- › Ok, here we go... 11 minutes ago
- › Help I ran out of propane 14 minutes ago
- › Finally Functional 14 minutes ago
- › Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? 14 minutes ago
- › AMNPS in WSM 18 minutes ago
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot