Can anyone help me out with a sweet rub for babybacks? I have Jeff''s Naked Rib Rub and it is great, but I have a few that thinks it is to spicy. If someone could help me out it would certainly be appreciated.
- topicPork Baby Back Ribstagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- Weber Genesis w/smoker Baby Back ribs & Bacon (for da beans). Last post on 12/12/13 at 5:56pm in Pork
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- Question on Ribs and Brisket Last post on 11/19/13 at 8:33pm in For New Members
- Chocolate Chipotle Baby Back Ribs Last post on 11/18/13 at 4:30am in Pork
Wild Hawg Rub
Last edited: 9/10/16
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
I started out on a friends Traegar at work and made the decision to get a pellet smoker, I researched for awhile and was leaning towards the Green Mountain Grill line, I went and checked them out...
Sweet Rub for BB'spost #1 of 57/3/10 at 9:20amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/3/10 at 9:27am
This is the rub i have decided to make as my go to for any pork.
first instead of plain yellow mustard . i mix
1 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup molasses
1 tsp liquid crab boil
Brush this liberally on your pork.
1/4 cup hungarian or spanish paprika
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup cbp
2 tsp celery seed
2 tsp ground mustard
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp nutmeg
1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar.
it helps to get the lumps out if you run this thru a grinder or food processer.
Coat the pork w/ a heavy coat of the rub. wrap and in the fridge overnight if possible.
B4 you smoke hit the pig w/ another dusting of rub and smoke away.
This recipe makes enough rub for 6 racks of spares or 2 large butts.
Hope you enjoy and let me know if you try it.
This is my pig rub and if it's not sweet enough you can add more sugar.
Also, i add 2 tsp cayanne when i make it for us .But i realize that everyone doesn't like the heat.post #3 of 57/3/10 at 9:34ampost #4 of 57/3/10 at 9:44ampost #5 of 57/3/10 at 3:21pm
This one is from America's Test Kitchen for Sweet and Sticky Kansas City Ribs. My other half likes sweet, and I don't. LOL
3 TBS Paprika
2 TBS Brown Sugar
1 TBS Salt
1 TBS Pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne
1 Onion minced and sweated
4 Cups Chicken Stock or Broth
1/2 Cup Molasses
1 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 TBS Brown Mustard
1/2 Cup Catsup
1/2 Cup Tomato Paste
1 TBS Hot Sauce
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Cup Root Beer.
Simmer about 45 minutes to reduce.
Too sweet for me, but she likes it.
- Sweet Rub for BB's
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
- › No longer amateur upgrading Smoker 3 minutes ago
- › Newbie from Port Huron Area 4 minutes ago
- › Hog rings and hog ring plyers 6 minutes ago
- › 2017 North Florida Gathering 12 minutes ago
- › Pizza dough you can sink your teeth into 16 minutes ago
- › SMOKED CHICKEN ENCHILADAS 20 minutes ago
- › Turkey time! 23 minutes ago
- › Help Newbie in need of guidance 23 minutes ago
- › Pork shoulder picnic... sausage making??? 27 minutes ago
- › First Brisket--A Success 28 minutes ago
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...