Can anyone help me out with a sweet rub for babybacks? I have Jeff''s Naked Rib Rub and it is great, but I have a few that thinks it is to spicy. If someone could help me out it would certainly be appreciated.
- topicPork Baby Back Ribstagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- Weber Genesis w/smoker Baby Back ribs & Bacon (for da beans). Last post on 12/12/13 at 5:56pm in Pork
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- Question on Ribs and Brisket Last post on 11/19/13 at 8:33pm in For New Members
- Chocolate Chipotle Baby Back Ribs Last post on 11/18/13 at 4:30am in Pork
Wild Hawg Rub
Last edited: 9/10/16
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
Sweet Rub for BB'spost #1 of 57/3/10 at 9:20amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/3/10 at 9:27am
This is the rub i have decided to make as my go to for any pork.
first instead of plain yellow mustard . i mix
1 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup molasses
1 tsp liquid crab boil
Brush this liberally on your pork.
1/4 cup hungarian or spanish paprika
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup cbp
2 tsp celery seed
2 tsp ground mustard
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp nutmeg
1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar.
it helps to get the lumps out if you run this thru a grinder or food processer.
Coat the pork w/ a heavy coat of the rub. wrap and in the fridge overnight if possible.
B4 you smoke hit the pig w/ another dusting of rub and smoke away.
This recipe makes enough rub for 6 racks of spares or 2 large butts.
Hope you enjoy and let me know if you try it.
This is my pig rub and if it's not sweet enough you can add more sugar.
Also, i add 2 tsp cayanne when i make it for us .But i realize that everyone doesn't like the heat.post #3 of 57/3/10 at 9:34ampost #4 of 57/3/10 at 9:44ampost #5 of 57/3/10 at 3:21pm
This one is from America's Test Kitchen for Sweet and Sticky Kansas City Ribs. My other half likes sweet, and I don't. LOL
3 TBS Paprika
2 TBS Brown Sugar
1 TBS Salt
1 TBS Pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne
1 Onion minced and sweated
4 Cups Chicken Stock or Broth
1/2 Cup Molasses
1 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 TBS Brown Mustard
1/2 Cup Catsup
1/2 Cup Tomato Paste
1 TBS Hot Sauce
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Cup Root Beer.
Simmer about 45 minutes to reduce.
Too sweet for me, but she likes it.
- Sweet Rub for BB's
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
- › Should you take the bark off wood 22 minutes ago
- › sous vide duck on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives 24 minutes ago
- › Pulled Pork tomorrow, general discussion about situaiton 29 minutes ago
- › Anova Sous Vide cooler 30 minutes ago
- › newbie 125 gallon reverse flow build the start 43 minutes ago
- › Hot and fast problem 57 minutes ago
- › Dear Sausage Doctors, my sausage is 'puckered' in smoker. Too much... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › New Guy 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › hello from toronto ohio 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Greetings fellow outdoor cookers... 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations