Can anyone help me out with a sweet rub for babybacks? I have Jeff''s Naked Rib Rub and it is great, but I have a few that thinks it is to spicy. If someone could help me out it would certainly be appreciated.
- topicPork Baby Back Ribstagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- Weber Genesis w/smoker Baby Back ribs & Bacon (for da beans). Last post on 12/12/13 at 5:56pm in Pork
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- Question on Ribs and Brisket Last post on 11/19/13 at 8:33pm in For New Members
- Chocolate Chipotle Baby Back Ribs Last post on 11/18/13 at 4:30am in Pork
Wild Hawg Rub
Last edited: 9/10/16
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Sweet Rub for BB'spost #1 of 57/3/10 at 9:20amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/3/10 at 9:27am
This is the rub i have decided to make as my go to for any pork.
first instead of plain yellow mustard . i mix
1 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup molasses
1 tsp liquid crab boil
Brush this liberally on your pork.
1/4 cup hungarian or spanish paprika
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup cbp
2 tsp celery seed
2 tsp ground mustard
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp nutmeg
1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar.
it helps to get the lumps out if you run this thru a grinder or food processer.
Coat the pork w/ a heavy coat of the rub. wrap and in the fridge overnight if possible.
B4 you smoke hit the pig w/ another dusting of rub and smoke away.
This recipe makes enough rub for 6 racks of spares or 2 large butts.
Hope you enjoy and let me know if you try it.
This is my pig rub and if it's not sweet enough you can add more sugar.
Also, i add 2 tsp cayanne when i make it for us .But i realize that everyone doesn't like the heat.post #3 of 57/3/10 at 9:34ampost #4 of 57/3/10 at 9:44ampost #5 of 57/3/10 at 3:21pm
This one is from America's Test Kitchen for Sweet and Sticky Kansas City Ribs. My other half likes sweet, and I don't. LOL
3 TBS Paprika
2 TBS Brown Sugar
1 TBS Salt
1 TBS Pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne
1 Onion minced and sweated
4 Cups Chicken Stock or Broth
1/2 Cup Molasses
1 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 TBS Brown Mustard
1/2 Cup Catsup
1/2 Cup Tomato Paste
1 TBS Hot Sauce
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Cup Root Beer.
Simmer about 45 minutes to reduce.
Too sweet for me, but she likes it.
- Sweet Rub for BB's
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
- › Pellet smoke not as strong as natural wood 16 minutes ago
- › My Tri-Tip - Brought over from another site. 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Indian Trail, N.C. guy here, Brand Spankin' New 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › 13lbs of Beef Tenderloin 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Smoked a couple birds. 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › New member 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › New member from Connecticut 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Chicken Cordon Bleu.... ALL YOU GOT ME! 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Vegetarian Pulled Pork 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › GMG Jim Bowie 1st Butt Smoke Qview 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona