I have had my 2 10# packers on for 3 hours now and they are currently stalled at around 140*. I plan on foiling around 170* or so... my question is: when I foil and put back in my Big Block, should I have the fat side up on down? Or does it matter at all...
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Brisket queistionpost #1 of 87/3/10 at 7:18amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 87/3/10 at 7:25ampost #3 of 87/3/10 at 8:22ampost #4 of 87/3/10 at 9:48am
Once it is in the foil I don't think it really matters much, especially if you put some liquid in with it. I have found I like to put mine in a foil pan with some beer then cover it tightly with more foil. Get lots of good ajus that way!post #5 of 87/3/10 at 4:06pm
I don't think it matters either. I tend to put the fat cap up so as it renders down it will drizzle over the meat and keep it moist. Plus the meat on the bottom can sit in the juices which will help keep it moist. Either way you will be fine. Try it both ways and see what you like.
Good Luck.post #6 of 87/3/10 at 4:08pmpost #7 of 87/3/10 at 4:33pmpost #8 of 87/4/10 at 9:31pm
I cook flats with most of the fat cut off. I LOVE the foil pan suggestion - thats the way I do it - in a foil pan with liquid (beer, apple juice, au jus from last time) seal with fiol and lit it go until a temp probe slides in like butter.
- Brisket queistion
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Foil the grease pan or not? nasty smoke... 6 minutes ago
- › Pig Candy and some Spare Ribs 7 minutes ago
- › About Me 10 minutes ago
- › Curing vs. Aging 12 minutes ago
- › Where to put AMPS in MES30? 12 minutes ago
- › Treating Tri-Tip like a Brisket flat???? 12 minutes ago
- › Mrs Bear's Surgery 13 minutes ago
- › My take on ABT’S 20 minutes ago
- › Hello Everyone, 22 minutes ago
- › Ok to eat this butt? 23 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ