I have had my 2 10# packers on for 3 hours now and they are currently stalled at around 140*. I plan on foiling around 170* or so... my question is: when I foil and put back in my Big Block, should I have the fat side up on down? Or does it matter at all...
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Brisket queistionpost #1 of 87/3/10 at 7:18amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 87/3/10 at 7:25ampost #3 of 87/3/10 at 8:22ampost #4 of 87/3/10 at 9:48am
Once it is in the foil I don't think it really matters much, especially if you put some liquid in with it. I have found I like to put mine in a foil pan with some beer then cover it tightly with more foil. Get lots of good ajus that way!post #5 of 87/3/10 at 4:06pm
I don't think it matters either. I tend to put the fat cap up so as it renders down it will drizzle over the meat and keep it moist. Plus the meat on the bottom can sit in the juices which will help keep it moist. Either way you will be fine. Try it both ways and see what you like.
Good Luck.post #6 of 87/3/10 at 4:08pmpost #7 of 87/3/10 at 4:33pmpost #8 of 87/4/10 at 9:31pm
I cook flats with most of the fat cut off. I LOVE the foil pan suggestion - thats the way I do it - in a foil pan with liquid (beer, apple juice, au jus from last time) seal with fiol and lit it go until a temp probe slides in like butter.
- Brisket queistion
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Comp pork, Money muscle 2 minutes ago
- › SOUS VIDE 7 minutes ago
- › Propane VS Electric 8 minutes ago
- › Quick Butts 10 minutes ago
- › Smoked meatloaf? 17 minutes ago
- › STURDY canopy needed 20 minutes ago
- › Bear summer sausage 20 minutes ago
- › Bratwurst Sausage 29 minutes ago
- › Light v's Dark Sugar 31 minutes ago
- › Sunday baby backs 38 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona