I have had my 2 10# packers on for 3 hours now and they are currently stalled at around 140*. I plan on foiling around 170* or so... my question is: when I foil and put back in my Big Block, should I have the fat side up on down? Or does it matter at all...
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
Brisket queistionpost #1 of 87/3/10 at 7:18amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 87/3/10 at 7:25ampost #3 of 87/3/10 at 8:22ampost #4 of 87/3/10 at 9:48am
Once it is in the foil I don't think it really matters much, especially if you put some liquid in with it. I have found I like to put mine in a foil pan with some beer then cover it tightly with more foil. Get lots of good ajus that way!post #5 of 87/3/10 at 4:06pm
I don't think it matters either. I tend to put the fat cap up so as it renders down it will drizzle over the meat and keep it moist. Plus the meat on the bottom can sit in the juices which will help keep it moist. Either way you will be fine. Try it both ways and see what you like.
Good Luck.post #6 of 87/3/10 at 4:08pmpost #7 of 87/3/10 at 4:33pmpost #8 of 87/4/10 at 9:31pm
I cook flats with most of the fat cut off. I LOVE the foil pan suggestion - thats the way I do it - in a foil pan with liquid (beer, apple juice, au jus from last time) seal with fiol and lit it go until a temp probe slides in like butter.
- Brisket queistion
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Short Ribs 1 minute ago
- › Leg Of Lamb !! 6 minutes ago
- › Debating a UDS build. Advice needed! 8 minutes ago
- › I call it the 20/20 Charcoal basket... 11 minutes ago
- › threw DOWN some chicken this weekend. 13 minutes ago
- › Big Poppa UDS Build with Pics 15 minutes ago
- › Dry cure German salami 18 minutes ago
- › Chicken Pie 22 minutes ago
- › Chicken Sausage 3/21/17 23 minutes ago
- › A new Sheriff in Town!!!!!! 24 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations