I have had my 2 10# packers on for 3 hours now and they are currently stalled at around 140*. I plan on foiling around 170* or so... my question is: when I foil and put back in my Big Block, should I have the fat side up on down? Or does it matter at all...
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
Brisket queistionpost #1 of 87/3/10 at 7:18amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 87/3/10 at 7:25ampost #3 of 87/3/10 at 8:22ampost #4 of 87/3/10 at 9:48am
Once it is in the foil I don't think it really matters much, especially if you put some liquid in with it. I have found I like to put mine in a foil pan with some beer then cover it tightly with more foil. Get lots of good ajus that way!post #5 of 87/3/10 at 4:06pm
I don't think it matters either. I tend to put the fat cap up so as it renders down it will drizzle over the meat and keep it moist. Plus the meat on the bottom can sit in the juices which will help keep it moist. Either way you will be fine. Try it both ways and see what you like.
Good Luck.post #6 of 87/3/10 at 4:08pmpost #7 of 87/3/10 at 4:33pmpost #8 of 87/4/10 at 9:31pm
I cook flats with most of the fat cut off. I LOVE the foil pan suggestion - thats the way I do it - in a foil pan with liquid (beer, apple juice, au jus from last time) seal with fiol and lit it go until a temp probe slides in like butter.
- Brisket queistion
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Jerky making questions! 1 minute ago
- › Storing / Saving smoked ribs for another day 3 minutes ago
- › SOUS VIDE PASTRAMI, A FIRST FOR ME! 3 minutes ago
- › Smokin Wedgie vs Amazin tube smoker accessory 5 minutes ago
- › Ribs are on 9 minutes ago
- › Welcome TO SV 16 minutes ago
- › First Sausage in my MES30 17 minutes ago
- › Chipotle snack sticks recipe? 18 minutes ago
- › Catering for 125 people, looking for some advice 27 minutes ago
- › Third starts a charm! 35 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot