going to put some leg quarters (my daughter likes to call them legathighs) on the smoker for Sunday looking for a brine for them i seen one on tv where they used white vinegar which got my attention does any one have such a recipe they are willing to share?
- topicChickentagged by System, 7/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- My Favorite. Whole Chicken Last post on 11/24/13 at 6:43pm in Poultry
- Smoking Chicken Last post on 11/20/13 at 7:53am in Roll Call
- Chicken and Pork Tamales... Last post on 11/22/13 at 4:20am in General Discussion
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
need a chicken brinepost #1 of 47/2/10 at 2:13pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 47/2/10 at 3:30pmpost #3 of 47/2/10 at 3:58pm
Another one and some tips here: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/how-to-smoke-chicken-competition-style
Note especially the brining times: 1.5 hours for partspost #4 of 47/3/10 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Pineywoods
Heres a link to a very good brine
Tips brine is the only one i use as it's probably the lowest salt content recipe i have found.
And it makes great smoked bird.
- need a chicken brine
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › The Gibson, A pellet fridge project. 1 minute ago
- › Smoking dried red peppers 2 minutes ago
- › Beginner 8 minutes ago
- › Salty Bacon 8 minutes ago
- › Sunday baby backs 9 minutes ago
- › Hello 10 minutes ago
- › Debunking Beer Can Chicken 11 minutes ago
- › New to the Forum 12 minutes ago
- › Steven Raichlen's Take On 3-2-1 for Smoking Pork Ribs 13 minutes ago
- › Chicken Cordon Bleu my first time 22 minutes ago
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman