going to put some leg quarters (my daughter likes to call them legathighs) on the smoker for Sunday looking for a brine for them i seen one on tv where they used white vinegar which got my attention does any one have such a recipe they are willing to share?
- topicChickentagged by System, 7/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- My Favorite. Whole Chicken Last post on 11/24/13 at 6:43pm in Poultry
- Smoking Chicken Last post on 11/20/13 at 7:53am in Roll Call
- Chicken and Pork Tamales... Last post on 11/22/13 at 4:20am in General Discussion
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
need a chicken brinepost #1 of 47/2/10 at 2:13pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 47/2/10 at 3:30pmpost #3 of 47/2/10 at 3:58pm
Another one and some tips here: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/how-to-smoke-chicken-competition-style
Note especially the brining times: 1.5 hours for partspost #4 of 47/3/10 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Pineywoods
Heres a link to a very good brine
Tips brine is the only one i use as it's probably the lowest salt content recipe i have found.
And it makes great smoked bird.
- need a chicken brine
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › How to season or seal 17 minutes ago
- › Pulled pork comp practice w/QView 27 minutes ago
- › GARY'S SMOKED BAKED BEANS 27 minutes ago
- › Smoked Pork Steaks 34 minutes ago
- › FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork) 40 minutes ago
- › A sandwich 'n taters 40 minutes ago
- › 1st Time Baby Back Ribs 48 minutes ago
- › Tiny Amazing Brisket Nub Question 1 hour ago
- › Cold Smoked Coho Salmon 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Traeger. Controller upgrade options 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives