going to put some leg quarters (my daughter likes to call them legathighs) on the smoker for Sunday looking for a brine for them i seen one on tv where they used white vinegar which got my attention does any one have such a recipe they are willing to share?
- topicChickentagged by System, 7/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- My Favorite. Whole Chicken Last post on 11/24/13 at 6:43pm in Poultry
- Smoking Chicken Last post on 11/20/13 at 7:53am in Roll Call
- Chicken and Pork Tamales... Last post on 11/22/13 at 4:20am in General Discussion
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
need a chicken brinepost #1 of 47/2/10 at 2:13pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 47/2/10 at 3:30pmpost #3 of 47/2/10 at 3:58pm
Another one and some tips here: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/how-to-smoke-chicken-competition-style
Note especially the brining times: 1.5 hours for partspost #4 of 47/3/10 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Pineywoods
Heres a link to a very good brine
Tips brine is the only one i use as it's probably the lowest salt content recipe i have found.
And it makes great smoked bird.
- need a chicken brine
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › First time Sweet Italian Sausage 1 minute ago
- › Ring Bologna 1 minute ago
- › Goose pastrami 2 minutes ago
- › Spares On The Kettle !! (SmokinAl Style) 4 minutes ago
- › More potato sausage 7 minutes ago
- › How long to smoke Kentucky hams? 7 minutes ago
- › New and looking for clarification I did this right 9 minutes ago
- › Cracked Black Pepper Mix 10 minutes ago
- › Bacon cheddar & chicken wing money shot 11 minutes ago
- › Lap Xuong 13 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot