going to put some leg quarters (my daughter likes to call them legathighs) on the smoker for Sunday looking for a brine for them i seen one on tv where they used white vinegar which got my attention does any one have such a recipe they are willing to share?
- topicChickentagged by System, 7/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- My Favorite. Whole Chicken Last post on 11/24/13 at 6:43pm in Poultry
- Smoking Chicken Last post on 11/20/13 at 7:53am in Roll Call
- Chicken and Pork Tamales... Last post on 11/22/13 at 4:20am in General Discussion
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
need a chicken brinepost #1 of 47/2/10 at 2:13pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 47/2/10 at 3:30pmpost #3 of 47/2/10 at 3:58pm
Another one and some tips here: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/how-to-smoke-chicken-competition-style
Note especially the brining times: 1.5 hours for partspost #4 of 47/3/10 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Pineywoods
Heres a link to a very good brine
Tips brine is the only one i use as it's probably the lowest salt content recipe i have found.
And it makes great smoked bird.
- need a chicken brine
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Please help. 1 minute ago
- › Bunch Of Smoked Birds 9 minutes ago
- › 5x8 AMNPS does not fit beside the element my MES30 16 minutes ago
- › Intake issues with Oklahoma Joe's Highland 17 minutes ago
- › Finished the direct heat cook 23 minutes ago
- › PERFECT RIBS EVERY TIME! This really works! 26 minutes ago
- › Hog dimensions. 27 minutes ago
- › Can't get smoke at 225 degrees 28 minutes ago
- › Boneless beef short ribs 29 minutes ago
- › Beef for Shish Kabobs 29 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ