New to smoking. Bought the 31" GOSM from WalMart and seasoned it. After a week of rain delay tomorrow will be the first smoke...a 12 pound turkey and 3 racks of spare ribs. Sounds like an awesome fathers day to me!!! Oh yeah....the cooler of cold beer will help. I'll be sure and post some QView as I go but heres the box as it was being seasoned. Looking forward to learning and smoking!!!!!
- categorySmokerstagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 11/30/13 at 9:17am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
First off welcome Spot to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are alot of really good folks that would just love to help you with anything to do with smoking. Now we like having new folks here to give a new prospective on some of the ways we do things around here. Now if you are really new then I would suggest that you sign up fir the 5-day E-course it free and it will give you the basics on smoking and a few recipes too. Here's a link to it:
then you will have a method to your newly found madness and believe me it will be a madness. Then when you start smoking things you will have to learn how to post the pictures / Qview
here. So here's a link to a tutorial on how to post your Qview so we can see what your doing.
Now the next thing you have to do is run out and get something to smoke. Then just smoke it and if you have any questions just post them here and we will answer all your questions that you might have. Oh yea there's no stupid questions we were all there in the beginning and we just really like to help others enjoy the fabulous smoked foods that we do. So again
Welcome to Your New Addiction
Looks great, watch out this hobby can get you hooked before you know it.
You will thinkin about smokein your dreams, when you are at work and with your honey.
And yes it is normal to take pictures of your food!
- New smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › ham curing days set in stone? 3 minutes ago
- › is there a good reason not to use a 60L barrel in a MiniWSM build ? 3 minutes ago
- › Smoked Tialpia on Little Chief 4 minutes ago
- › newbie 125 gallon reverse flow build the start 6 minutes ago
- › Cold smoking hard boiled eggs the EASY way 8 minutes ago
- › Rib Steaks in The Snow 16 minutes ago
- › Roll Call 20 minutes ago
- › Fillet Mignon Sammies 20 minutes ago
- › I know what I'm doing this weekend... 29 minutes ago
- › WSM sale question 29 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations