New to smoking. Bought the 31" GOSM from WalMart and seasoned it. After a week of rain delay tomorrow will be the first smoke...a 12 pound turkey and 3 racks of spare ribs. Sounds like an awesome fathers day to me!!! Oh yeah....the cooler of cold beer will help. I'll be sure and post some QView as I go but heres the box as it was being seasoned. Looking forward to learning and smoking!!!!!
- categorySmokerstagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 11/30/13 at 9:17am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
First off welcome Spot to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are alot of really good folks that would just love to help you with anything to do with smoking. Now we like having new folks here to give a new prospective on some of the ways we do things around here. Now if you are really new then I would suggest that you sign up fir the 5-day E-course it free and it will give you the basics on smoking and a few recipes too. Here's a link to it:
then you will have a method to your newly found madness and believe me it will be a madness. Then when you start smoking things you will have to learn how to post the pictures / Qview
here. So here's a link to a tutorial on how to post your Qview so we can see what your doing.
Now the next thing you have to do is run out and get something to smoke. Then just smoke it and if you have any questions just post them here and we will answer all your questions that you might have. Oh yea there's no stupid questions we were all there in the beginning and we just really like to help others enjoy the fabulous smoked foods that we do. So again
Welcome to Your New Addiction
Looks great, watch out this hobby can get you hooked before you know it.
You will thinkin about smokein your dreams, when you are at work and with your honey.
And yes it is normal to take pictures of your food!
- New smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Enchiladas de Pollo Verde aka Green Chicken Enchiladas 3 minutes ago
- › Help: Non-pork, Non-Beef venison sausage? 3 minutes ago
- › A Little Butt Ham 4 minutes ago
- › Lavatools Javelin- 25% off at Amazon 6 minutes ago
- › Mule's 200 pound chicken plus 25 pounds of sausage smoked 12 minutes ago
- › Help: bought some flavorless bacon 15 minutes ago
- › Double Smoked Ham (Bear Style) 24 minutes ago
- › First shot at pulled pork 25 minutes ago
- › Double Smoked Ham this weekend 25 minutes ago
- › UDS Plans Needed 26 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman