New to smoking. Bought the 31" GOSM from WalMart and seasoned it. After a week of rain delay tomorrow will be the first smoke...a 12 pound turkey and 3 racks of spare ribs. Sounds like an awesome fathers day to me!!! Oh yeah....the cooler of cold beer will help. I'll be sure and post some QView as I go but heres the box as it was being seasoned. Looking forward to learning and smoking!!!!!
- categorySmokerstagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 5/28/17 at 4:50am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
First off welcome Spot to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are alot of really good folks that would just love to help you with anything to do with smoking. Now we like having new folks here to give a new prospective on some of the ways we do things around here. Now if you are really new then I would suggest that you sign up fir the 5-day E-course it free and it will give you the basics on smoking and a few recipes too. Here's a link to it:
then you will have a method to your newly found madness and believe me it will be a madness. Then when you start smoking things you will have to learn how to post the pictures / Qview
here. So here's a link to a tutorial on how to post your Qview so we can see what your doing.
Now the next thing you have to do is run out and get something to smoke. Then just smoke it and if you have any questions just post them here and we will answer all your questions that you might have. Oh yea there's no stupid questions we were all there in the beginning and we just really like to help others enjoy the fabulous smoked foods that we do. So again
Welcome to Your New Addiction
Looks great, watch out this hobby can get you hooked before you know it.
You will thinkin about smokein your dreams, when you are at work and with your honey.
And yes it is normal to take pictures of your food!
- New smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Please help. 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Cherry wood question 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Cabelas 12" Pro slicer 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Electric Smokers 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Best Sausage to use in Electric Smoker 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Is a 2nd generation used MES 40" worth $100? 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Need some opinions 2 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Grilling some chops on the WSM 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Pork dates 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › First time ABTs 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ