New to smoking. Bought the 31" GOSM from WalMart and seasoned it. After a week of rain delay tomorrow will be the first smoke...a 12 pound turkey and 3 racks of spare ribs. Sounds like an awesome fathers day to me!!! Oh yeah....the cooler of cold beer will help. I'll be sure and post some QView as I go but heres the box as it was being seasoned. Looking forward to learning and smoking!!!!!
- categorySmokerstagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 11/30/13 at 9:17am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
First off welcome Spot to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are alot of really good folks that would just love to help you with anything to do with smoking. Now we like having new folks here to give a new prospective on some of the ways we do things around here. Now if you are really new then I would suggest that you sign up fir the 5-day E-course it free and it will give you the basics on smoking and a few recipes too. Here's a link to it:
then you will have a method to your newly found madness and believe me it will be a madness. Then when you start smoking things you will have to learn how to post the pictures / Qview
here. So here's a link to a tutorial on how to post your Qview so we can see what your doing.
Now the next thing you have to do is run out and get something to smoke. Then just smoke it and if you have any questions just post them here and we will answer all your questions that you might have. Oh yea there's no stupid questions we were all there in the beginning and we just really like to help others enjoy the fabulous smoked foods that we do. So again
Welcome to Your New Addiction
Looks great, watch out this hobby can get you hooked before you know it.
You will thinkin about smokein your dreams, when you are at work and with your honey.
And yes it is normal to take pictures of your food!
- New smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Eye of Round Thai Jerky 44 seconds ago
- › First Smoke Ever (Baby Back Ribs) 2 minutes ago
- › Ribs.....yeah baby....back. 2 minutes ago
- › Dirtsailor's Mega Mother of all Cooking links index 3 minutes ago
- › Thai Jerky 4 minutes ago
- › Third starts a charm! 6 minutes ago
- › Jerky making questions! 7 minutes ago
- › WSM not running hot enough 8 minutes ago
- › first try curing - buckboard bacon 8 minutes ago
- › Storing / Saving smoked ribs for another day 13 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot