New to smoking. Bought the 31" GOSM from WalMart and seasoned it. After a week of rain delay tomorrow will be the first smoke...a 12 pound turkey and 3 racks of spare ribs. Sounds like an awesome fathers day to me!!! Oh yeah....the cooler of cold beer will help. I'll be sure and post some QView as I go but heres the box as it was being seasoned. Looking forward to learning and smoking!!!!!
- categorySmokerstagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on Today at 4:50 am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
First off welcome Spot to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are alot of really good folks that would just love to help you with anything to do with smoking. Now we like having new folks here to give a new prospective on some of the ways we do things around here. Now if you are really new then I would suggest that you sign up fir the 5-day E-course it free and it will give you the basics on smoking and a few recipes too. Here's a link to it:
then you will have a method to your newly found madness and believe me it will be a madness. Then when you start smoking things you will have to learn how to post the pictures / Qview
here. So here's a link to a tutorial on how to post your Qview so we can see what your doing.
Now the next thing you have to do is run out and get something to smoke. Then just smoke it and if you have any questions just post them here and we will answer all your questions that you might have. Oh yea there's no stupid questions we were all there in the beginning and we just really like to help others enjoy the fabulous smoked foods that we do. So again
Welcome to Your New Addiction
Looks great, watch out this hobby can get you hooked before you know it.
You will thinkin about smokein your dreams, when you are at work and with your honey.
And yes it is normal to take pictures of your food!
- New smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Brisket temp 35 seconds ago
- › Greetings from Buffalo! 3 minutes ago
- › Pulled pork and ribs with AMNPS 5 minutes ago
- › First butt - how careful do I need to be with the temperature 6 minutes ago
- › Flavorless Pulled Pork 7 minutes ago
- › Bone in Pork Sirloin Roast 7 minutes ago
- › My first shot at Beer Can Burgers...My first post in a while 11 minutes ago
- › Hello from Manila! 13 minutes ago
- › First smoke on MES 40 13 minutes ago
- › Smoking on the beach in Crystal Beach, FL 15 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer