Looking for a rub for Beef Back Ribs. I'll be cooking 9lbs tomorrow. I was going to use Montreal Seasoning. I've used it on briskets before.
- topicBriskettagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
Beef Back Rib Rub?post #1 of 106/18/10 at 9:59amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 106/18/10 at 12:07pmpost #3 of 106/18/10 at 12:33pm
Jeffs will work fine. Another one you can make is MDM Rib Rub. Don't let the amounts of sugar fool you. My wife does not care that much for sweet and prefer's MDM over Jeff's. Do a Google search for it.
If you need a store bought, Durkee's Chicken and Rib Rub is not bad at all.
Edited by Flash - 6/18/10 at 6:25pmpost #4 of 106/18/10 at 1:04pm
I have a couple I like on beef ribs and thats Jeff's is really good and then I use Old Bay rub is good too. Then you can mix some brown sugar into it for some added sweetness. Then Tip has and ShooterRick both have really good ones and I think it's in the wiki under rubs I believe.post #5 of 107/4/10 at 8:18pm
I have Jeff's rubs, but it is not what I was looking for, I so i still look for the right taste, Anyone who has made the MDM it lists 1/3 cup sugar twice is this correct?post #6 of 107/4/10 at 8:39pm
I haven't tried MDM Rib Rub, so did a quick search on it. For sugar, it has both white and brown sugar, 1/3 cup each. If I were to make it, it does sound good, I would use 1/3 cup Turbinado sugar and 1/3 cup dark brown sugar.post #7 of 107/5/10 at 8:44am
Here is the link to what I am looking at
It lists 1/3 cup granulated second and it also lists it as the 8th ingredient, is that a missprint or do i need 2/3 cup?post #8 of 107/5/10 at 9:02am
I think that's a typo. That would be way to much sugar for me. Here's a link to what I was looking at:
It has the granulated sugar listed only once.post #9 of 107/5/10 at 9:04ampost #10 of 107/5/10 at 12:05pm
MDM’s FINGER LICKIN’ RIB RUB
1/3 Cup granulated sugar
1/3 Cup brown sugar
3 tspn. Old Bay Seasoning (sh-h-h, secret ingredient of MDM)
6 Tbspns. Kosher Salt or Coarse Mediterranean Sea Salt
¼ tspn. of paprika
1 tspn. dry mustard powder
2 Tbspns. ground black pepper
1 Tbspn. garlic salt
1 Tbspn. dried onion
1Tbspn. dried basil
We do use it more on pork, but the sugar amounts will not upset you. As I stated, my wife does not care for sweet, but loves this rub.
- Beef Back Rib Rub?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Reverse Flow 300L Air Tank Build in Greece...$20 Stick Welder and... 20 minutes ago
- › Research Study Links Barbecued & Smoked Meat To Death From Breast... 34 minutes ago
- › MES Temperature swings? 52 minutes ago
- › A great BBQ build 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Smoked bass and bluegill 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › How To Fab a Charcoal Basket For Your SnP 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › It is raining in California 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Smoking Cook Book 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Which temp controller for WSM 18.5 3 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Sorry But You Have Really Messed Up This Forum !! 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot