Looking for a rub for Beef Back Ribs. I'll be cooking 9lbs tomorrow. I was going to use Montreal Seasoning. I've used it on briskets before.
- topicBriskettagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Beef Back Rib Rub?post #1 of 106/18/10 at 9:59amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 106/18/10 at 12:07pmpost #3 of 106/18/10 at 12:33pm
Jeffs will work fine. Another one you can make is MDM Rib Rub. Don't let the amounts of sugar fool you. My wife does not care that much for sweet and prefer's MDM over Jeff's. Do a Google search for it.
If you need a store bought, Durkee's Chicken and Rib Rub is not bad at all.
Edited by Flash - 6/18/10 at 6:25pmpost #4 of 106/18/10 at 1:04pm
I have a couple I like on beef ribs and thats Jeff's is really good and then I use Old Bay rub is good too. Then you can mix some brown sugar into it for some added sweetness. Then Tip has and ShooterRick both have really good ones and I think it's in the wiki under rubs I believe.post #5 of 107/4/10 at 8:18pm
I have Jeff's rubs, but it is not what I was looking for, I so i still look for the right taste, Anyone who has made the MDM it lists 1/3 cup sugar twice is this correct?post #6 of 107/4/10 at 8:39pm
I haven't tried MDM Rib Rub, so did a quick search on it. For sugar, it has both white and brown sugar, 1/3 cup each. If I were to make it, it does sound good, I would use 1/3 cup Turbinado sugar and 1/3 cup dark brown sugar.post #7 of 107/5/10 at 8:44am
Here is the link to what I am looking at
It lists 1/3 cup granulated second and it also lists it as the 8th ingredient, is that a missprint or do i need 2/3 cup?post #8 of 107/5/10 at 9:02am
I think that's a typo. That would be way to much sugar for me. Here's a link to what I was looking at:
It has the granulated sugar listed only once.post #9 of 107/5/10 at 9:04ampost #10 of 107/5/10 at 12:05pm
MDM’s FINGER LICKIN’ RIB RUB
1/3 Cup granulated sugar
1/3 Cup brown sugar
3 tspn. Old Bay Seasoning (sh-h-h, secret ingredient of MDM)
6 Tbspns. Kosher Salt or Coarse Mediterranean Sea Salt
¼ tspn. of paprika
1 tspn. dry mustard powder
2 Tbspns. ground black pepper
1 Tbspn. garlic salt
1 Tbspn. dried onion
1Tbspn. dried basil
We do use it more on pork, but the sugar amounts will not upset you. As I stated, my wife does not care for sweet, but loves this rub.
- Beef Back Rib Rub?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Putting on a small pork loin piece 6 minutes ago
- › RIb Preference 7 minutes ago
- › A Jeff's Double whammy 9 minutes ago
- › Beef for Shish Kabobs 12 minutes ago
- › Bunch Of Smoked Birds 13 minutes ago
- › Will 40 pounds of pork butt fit in an MES 30? 23 minutes ago
- › Chicken Thighs (Hickory Smoked) 29 minutes ago
- › Pork shoulder question 33 minutes ago
- › Smokewood Shack 44 minutes ago
- › Smoking a pork loin 45 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ