Looking for a rub for Beef Back Ribs. I'll be cooking 9lbs tomorrow. I was going to use Montreal Seasoning. I've used it on briskets before.
- topicBriskettagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
Beef Back Rib Rub?post #1 of 106/18/10 at 9:59amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 106/18/10 at 12:07pmpost #3 of 106/18/10 at 12:33pm
Jeffs will work fine. Another one you can make is MDM Rib Rub. Don't let the amounts of sugar fool you. My wife does not care that much for sweet and prefer's MDM over Jeff's. Do a Google search for it.
If you need a store bought, Durkee's Chicken and Rib Rub is not bad at all.
Edited by Flash - 6/18/10 at 6:25pmpost #4 of 106/18/10 at 1:04pm
I have a couple I like on beef ribs and thats Jeff's is really good and then I use Old Bay rub is good too. Then you can mix some brown sugar into it for some added sweetness. Then Tip has and ShooterRick both have really good ones and I think it's in the wiki under rubs I believe.post #5 of 107/4/10 at 8:18pm
I have Jeff's rubs, but it is not what I was looking for, I so i still look for the right taste, Anyone who has made the MDM it lists 1/3 cup sugar twice is this correct?post #6 of 107/4/10 at 8:39pm
I haven't tried MDM Rib Rub, so did a quick search on it. For sugar, it has both white and brown sugar, 1/3 cup each. If I were to make it, it does sound good, I would use 1/3 cup Turbinado sugar and 1/3 cup dark brown sugar.post #7 of 107/5/10 at 8:44am
Here is the link to what I am looking at
It lists 1/3 cup granulated second and it also lists it as the 8th ingredient, is that a missprint or do i need 2/3 cup?post #8 of 107/5/10 at 9:02am
I think that's a typo. That would be way to much sugar for me. Here's a link to what I was looking at:
It has the granulated sugar listed only once.post #9 of 107/5/10 at 9:04ampost #10 of 107/5/10 at 12:05pm
MDM’s FINGER LICKIN’ RIB RUB
1/3 Cup granulated sugar
1/3 Cup brown sugar
3 tspn. Old Bay Seasoning (sh-h-h, secret ingredient of MDM)
6 Tbspns. Kosher Salt or Coarse Mediterranean Sea Salt
¼ tspn. of paprika
1 tspn. dry mustard powder
2 Tbspns. ground black pepper
1 Tbspn. garlic salt
1 Tbspn. dried onion
1Tbspn. dried basil
We do use it more on pork, but the sugar amounts will not upset you. As I stated, my wife does not care for sweet, but loves this rub.
- Beef Back Rib Rub?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › 500 Gallon Reverse Flow heating issues 22 seconds ago
- › I need some help very badly (getting thin blue line of smoke) 25 minutes ago
- › Assassin Grill/Smoker...Slowly Smoking the Competition! 26 minutes ago
- › Smoking veggies 29 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt "Cold Smoker" unit 40 minutes ago
- › Hey y'all from middle Georgia!! 41 minutes ago
- › Pepper & Garlic jerky 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › New smoker stick for Cookshack? 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › LOBSTER AU GRATIN for dinner, last night & tonight 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters & Waffles 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ