Looking for a rub for Beef Back Ribs. I'll be cooking 9lbs tomorrow. I was going to use Montreal Seasoning. I've used it on briskets before.
- topicBriskettagged by System, 8/4/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
Beef Back Rib Rub?post #1 of 106/18/10 at 9:59amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 106/18/10 at 12:07pmpost #3 of 106/18/10 at 12:33pm
Jeffs will work fine. Another one you can make is MDM Rib Rub. Don't let the amounts of sugar fool you. My wife does not care that much for sweet and prefer's MDM over Jeff's. Do a Google search for it.
If you need a store bought, Durkee's Chicken and Rib Rub is not bad at all.
Edited by Flash - 6/18/10 at 6:25pmpost #4 of 106/18/10 at 1:04pm
I have a couple I like on beef ribs and thats Jeff's is really good and then I use Old Bay rub is good too. Then you can mix some brown sugar into it for some added sweetness. Then Tip has and ShooterRick both have really good ones and I think it's in the wiki under rubs I believe.post #5 of 107/4/10 at 8:18pm
I have Jeff's rubs, but it is not what I was looking for, I so i still look for the right taste, Anyone who has made the MDM it lists 1/3 cup sugar twice is this correct?post #6 of 107/4/10 at 8:39pm
I haven't tried MDM Rib Rub, so did a quick search on it. For sugar, it has both white and brown sugar, 1/3 cup each. If I were to make it, it does sound good, I would use 1/3 cup Turbinado sugar and 1/3 cup dark brown sugar.post #7 of 107/5/10 at 8:44am
Here is the link to what I am looking at
It lists 1/3 cup granulated second and it also lists it as the 8th ingredient, is that a missprint or do i need 2/3 cup?post #8 of 107/5/10 at 9:02am
I think that's a typo. That would be way to much sugar for me. Here's a link to what I was looking at:
It has the granulated sugar listed only once.post #9 of 107/5/10 at 9:04ampost #10 of 107/5/10 at 12:05pm
MDM’s FINGER LICKIN’ RIB RUB
1/3 Cup granulated sugar
1/3 Cup brown sugar
3 tspn. Old Bay Seasoning (sh-h-h, secret ingredient of MDM)
6 Tbspns. Kosher Salt or Coarse Mediterranean Sea Salt
¼ tspn. of paprika
1 tspn. dry mustard powder
2 Tbspns. ground black pepper
1 Tbspn. garlic salt
1 Tbspn. dried onion
1Tbspn. dried basil
We do use it more on pork, but the sugar amounts will not upset you. As I stated, my wife does not care for sweet, but loves this rub.
- Beef Back Rib Rub?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Rapid RH increase/decrease 1 minute ago
- › Propane SmokeHouse Build 13 minutes ago
- › Intro 15 minutes ago
- › Are you ready to rumble!!!!! March 2017 Throwdown time!!! 17 minutes ago
- › Newbie 120 Gal Trailer Build (Advice Sought) 21 minutes ago
- › Searching for used pitmaster iq110 and thermapen! 32 minutes ago
- › First smoke of the year, first attempt at a Fatty. 32 minutes ago
- › 120 gallon RF trailer build 34 minutes ago
- › New guy from New Mexico 34 minutes ago
- › Help! How in the world do I use this? 38 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives