well first let me say happy fathers day coming up to all of the fathers.Question, I have been using lump to start my sfb smoker and I want to try charcoal to do three briskets this weekend. I filled my chimney starter to try it but it did not start like the lump. I let it sit for fifteen min. I then put it in the smoker and used fluid to get it going. What am i doing wrong. It did not light, just a very tiny bit.
Related Forum Threads
- 1st brisket on new Char Broil offset Last post on 3/27/10 at 8:06pm in Beef
- Honestly -- Electric VS Pellets Last post on 2/26/08 at 9:54pm in Electric Smokers
- Raw Lump Charcoal in Firebox Last post on 12/8/07 at 12:56am in Woods for Smoking
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Charcoal And Lump Chimney StarterLast edited: 4/27/11
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
charcoalpost #1 of 76/17/10 at 2:18pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 76/17/10 at 2:34pm
I just use the chimney starter and newspaper or paper towels with a little cooking oil but the charcoal from my expirence takes lttle longer to catch on good so i just leave it till i got good coals going close to the top .Oh yeah potato chips will work too wrapped in paper towels
That's how i get rid of the wifes stale onespost #3 of 76/17/10 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #4 of 76/17/10 at 3:12pm
On the paper. I also have a small, hand held fan that I use to force more air thru the chimney after the paper burns off. It helps the coals catch a little quicker.post #5 of 76/17/10 at 3:17pm
I use coals in my chimney, I use a phone book for the starter. I take 2 pages and wad them up, I do this eight times and let it burn. Never had a problem so far.post #6 of 76/17/10 at 3:18pmThread Starterpost #7 of 76/17/10 at 3:30pmQuote:
Now thats a great idea !!!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Smoked some legs and thighs at the farm 53 seconds ago
- › First Time Smoked Corned Beef 55 seconds ago
- › newbie 125 gallon reverse flow build the start 1 minute ago
- › Pork Shoulder Roast 3 minutes ago
- › Question on Kettle grill quality 8 minutes ago
- › My 250 Gal. side box build. 12 minutes ago
- › First time smoking pork back ribs. 15 minutes ago
- › My cookout 18 minutes ago
- › Hello q fans 19 minutes ago
- › Smokin in Slidell 20 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations