well first let me say happy fathers day coming up to all of the fathers.Question, I have been using lump to start my sfb smoker and I want to try charcoal to do three briskets this weekend. I filled my chimney starter to try it but it did not start like the lump. I let it sit for fifteen min. I then put it in the smoker and used fluid to get it going. What am i doing wrong. It did not light, just a very tiny bit.
Related Forum Threads
- 1st brisket on new Char Broil offset Last post on 3/27/10 at 8:06pm in Beef
- Honestly -- Electric VS Pellets Last post on 2/26/08 at 9:54pm in Electric Smokers
- Raw Lump Charcoal in Firebox Last post on 12/8/07 at 12:56am in Woods for Smoking
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Charcoal And Lump Chimney StarterLast edited: 4/27/11
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
charcoalpost #1 of 76/17/10 at 2:18pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 76/17/10 at 2:34pm
I just use the chimney starter and newspaper or paper towels with a little cooking oil but the charcoal from my expirence takes lttle longer to catch on good so i just leave it till i got good coals going close to the top .Oh yeah potato chips will work too wrapped in paper towels
That's how i get rid of the wifes stale onespost #3 of 76/17/10 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #4 of 76/17/10 at 3:12pm
On the paper. I also have a small, hand held fan that I use to force more air thru the chimney after the paper burns off. It helps the coals catch a little quicker.post #5 of 76/17/10 at 3:17pm
I use coals in my chimney, I use a phone book for the starter. I take 2 pages and wad them up, I do this eight times and let it burn. Never had a problem so far.post #6 of 76/17/10 at 3:18pmThread Starterpost #7 of 76/17/10 at 3:30pmQuote:
Now thats a great idea !!!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › I'm finally starting to get it down 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › 1st Smoker and I'm trying Everything 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Electric Smokers ... Bradley vs Masterbuilt???? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Hello from South Central Texas 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Trying Umai Soppressata 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Dutch's "Wicked Baked Beans" 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Weber Customer Service Outstanding 3 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › ECB Electric Trying To Improve My Shoulder Method 3 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Any tips for cooking a meatloaf in an electric smoker? 4 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › What's your favorite home cooked meal?? 4 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ