well first let me say happy fathers day coming up to all of the fathers.Question, I have been using lump to start my sfb smoker and I want to try charcoal to do three briskets this weekend. I filled my chimney starter to try it but it did not start like the lump. I let it sit for fifteen min. I then put it in the smoker and used fluid to get it going. What am i doing wrong. It did not light, just a very tiny bit.
Related Forum Threads
- 1st brisket on new Char Broil offset Last post on 3/27/10 at 8:06pm in Beef
- Honestly -- Electric VS Pellets Last post on 2/26/08 at 9:54pm in Electric Smokers
- Raw Lump Charcoal in Firebox Last post on 12/8/07 at 12:56am in Woods for Smoking
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Charcoal And Lump Chimney StarterLast edited: 4/27/11
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
charcoalpost #1 of 76/17/10 at 2:18pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 76/17/10 at 2:34pm
I just use the chimney starter and newspaper or paper towels with a little cooking oil but the charcoal from my expirence takes lttle longer to catch on good so i just leave it till i got good coals going close to the top .Oh yeah potato chips will work too wrapped in paper towels
That's how i get rid of the wifes stale onespost #3 of 76/17/10 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #4 of 76/17/10 at 3:12pm
On the paper. I also have a small, hand held fan that I use to force more air thru the chimney after the paper burns off. It helps the coals catch a little quicker.post #5 of 76/17/10 at 3:17pm
I use coals in my chimney, I use a phone book for the starter. I take 2 pages and wad them up, I do this eight times and let it burn. Never had a problem so far.post #6 of 76/17/10 at 3:18pmThread Starterpost #7 of 76/17/10 at 3:30pmQuote:
Now thats a great idea !!!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Cured Chicken sausage... how pink should it look? 1 minute ago
- › Another New b 3 minutes ago
- › AMNPS in WSM 3 minutes ago
- › Cold smoked bones and hocks 4 minutes ago
- › Cured pork belly question 5 minutes ago
- › Cleaning a Cast Iron Pan - Using water and electricity 12 minutes ago
- › Another smoked hock terrine 14 minutes ago
- › Newbie from Wisconsin 15 minutes ago
- › Eye of Round Thai Jerky 16 minutes ago
- › Hamburger recipe 21 minutes ago
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot