I've been wanting to try this method for a while, and I'm finally getting around to it. So, here's what I'm doing:
1) Pull membrane (I failed miserably with this -- couldn't find a place to grab onto it, so I just left it on ).
2) Rub with molasses.
3) Sprinkle on Memphis rub. I'm using a modified recipe that i found over here: http://southernfood.about.com/od/bbqsaucemarinade/r/bl30418a.htm
I just left out the brown sugar and cut the cayenne in half.
4) Apply brown sugar and wait for it to "melt".
5) Sprinkle on some more rub.
6) Smoke at 225* with Apple wood for 5 hours. No foiling or spritzing or mopping.
I got a VERY late start, and here's where it is now. The brown sugar still needs another 10-15 minutes to finish its thing:
It's going to be a tight squeeze, but I think that I can fit it diagonally onto one of the MES racks. I'll post another pic before it goes in and some more when it comes out.
P.S. Sorry about the HUGE pics -- I haven't fiddled with my camera settings yet.