i use the competition charcoal by kingsford, should i change
Related Forum Threads
- First time using a Charcoal Smoker, couldn't get the temp. past 150 Last post on 11/3/10 at 8:18pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Briquettes vs. Lump Last post on 9/30/10 at 7:51am in Charcoal Smokers
- Home Depot Kingsford blue bag sale! Last post on 9/3/10 at 2:33pm in General Discussion
- Where to find lump charcoal? Last post on 1/17/11 at 11:04pm in Charcoal Smokers
- kingsford hickory charcoal Last post on 6/26/10 at 2:00pm in Charcoal Smokers
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
What kind of charcoal does everyone use
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I use Kingsford in the blue bag. I keep trying Royal Oak lump, but haven't been successful with it, yet. It's getting better as I try different combinations of lit/unlit and patterns. Royal Oak will eventually replace the Kingsford for me.
I use Royal Oak lump for BBQ and Sam's Choice for grilling . I tried Comp K when it first came out and liked it, but it is too expensive for me to use regularly.
If you are grilling with Comp K you will be fine, the high heat that you get from it is excellent, If you are smoking with it you may get an isuue with ash build up choking off the fire on long cooks.
believe it or not I've been usin briqs from the local supermarket sold under Sur-Fine its kinda like Best Choice and other store brands. I've been very happy with it but I'm pretty easy to make happy. I do have a bag of RO that I'm gonna try soon.
I use Basques lump charcoal. It's made from Sugar maple. Occasionally I'll use Maple Leaf which is a mix of Maple Birch and Beech, but I find that the bits can be rather small at times.
+1, I also use Kingsford Comp, I have better luck with the Royal Oak, less ash and burns longer in my UDS
I'm a Malli's Lump Charcoal kinda person myself. It burns hot and long. I hardly ever find any foreign objects in it then it was a stone or two.
I use A large coffee can in my gas converted ecb with the opening covered in foil with A few holes poked in it. I end up with perfect charcoal lump, usually apple in my neck of the woods. After A few smokes I have enough for the weber. It is the best coal I have ever used and creates very little ash.
Right now it's RO or Blue bag for me, whatever is on sale. I tried the Brigford Comp and it's good and hot but expensive. I don't care about ash production I just sweep out my UDS before the next batch of smoked goodness.
RO lump (American made) has produced the least amount of ash so far in my experience..
- What kind of charcoal does everyone use
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › apple wood 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Smoking food for wood 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Applewood Smoked Apple Dumplings 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Rib-Eyes, Stuffed Mushrooms & Garlic Toast 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › I need some help very badly (getting thin blue line of smoke) 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Chicken breast 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Smoking in Thailand, maybe... 3 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Question's & more following probably, on using cure #1 in sausage. 3 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › New member 4 hours ago
- › Hello everyone. New here 4 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ