That is a mighty fine looking piece of meat!!! Kudos on a fantastic smoke!!! Thanks a ton for the Qview!!!
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Second Smoke and First Brisket w/Qview - Page 2post #21 of 237/27/10 at 11:04am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 237/27/10 at 12:49pmQuote:
First off: Great job on the brisket! Look's awesome!
I like you was dissapointed in the amount of pan juices I got with my first brisket (14 lb. full packer). So on my second one I decided to help it a little bit and dumped a beer into the dripping pan. Made all the differance in the world! Before the drippings were hitting the pan and evaporating, but with the beer in there all the alchohol and beer flavor cooked off and I had a solid 3 cups of silky, rich, ajus. I do foil my brisket at 170°, but if you cook it unfoiled the entire time it should work fine, but you might have to add a second beer halfway through due to evaporation.
Now I usually have enough ajus to have some with the brisket, and then I freeze the rest in ice cube trays and use it to make gravy's and sauces later down the road.post #23 of 237/28/10 at 3:01pmThread Starter
I did a similar thing on my next brisket - posted as two briskets. I didn't post this but I added some beer and beef broth to help keep it moist and it did make a difference.
- Second Smoke and First Brisket w/Qview
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › BDSkelly ~ Smoked Turkey Breasts on the MES 14 minutes ago
- › Debunking Beer Can Chicken 17 minutes ago
- › My first belly bacon 23 minutes ago
- › Canadian Goose Breast on the Smoker Q-view 28 minutes ago
- › full refrigerator a good idea? 47 minutes ago
- › yummie pics to come 51 minutes ago
- › First full meal in the MES 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Maybe an easy one fellas.... 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Salt and pepper Tri tip over post oak 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › looking for a very mild snack stick/slim jim/pepperette recipe 3 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona