Are you going with the 3-2-1 method or smoking them entirely without foiling them?
Either way, I have been researching this for quite some time and have come up with the following:
1) Rub some molasses on the ribs (after trimming them and removing the membrane)
2) Apply a Memphis rub. Here's a recipe:
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3) Cake on a generous supply of brown sugar, and let it caramelize (melt)
4) Sprinkle on more rub generously
5) Smoke baby backs for 5 hours or spares for 6 hours at 225* with apple wood
Also, I lived in Tuscaloosa for a while, so ROLL TIDE!
Originally Posted by Roll Tide 33
Thanks for this info. BAMAFAN. I have a GOSM Big Block, so this should work good. Any good rubs/sauce to can recommend or do you make your own?
Yes - Roll Tide!