- 6 Posts. Joined 8/2015
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- HELP - Have pork butt ready to go & MES30 controller doesnt work - keeps blowing fuse on panel Last post on 12/6/10 at 6:07pm in Electric Smokers
- New MES, anything I should know? Last post on 1/24/11 at 5:50pm in Electric Smokers
- Water leaking from the back left side of MES 30" Last post on 2/17/16 at 2:46pm in Electric Smokers
- How to cook a 6lb brisket? (on a 30"MES.) Last post on 11/7/10 at 12:05pm in Beef
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
cleaning your mes 30? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
for making me laugh right in the middle of the office
Maybe I'm not gentle enough.
I told Mrs Bear to get some "Magic Erasers" next time she goes to town, but she said she had a couple.
I took one to clean my MES 40 window.
It got the stuff off the window pretty quick, but the one side of the soft little sponge is torn apart & shot.
I should be able to use the other side next time, so it's 50¢ per window-washing that way for me.
Then I still used a little Windex & two paper towels to shine the window up (I like it real clean).
So far the thing that works best for me is:
Step #1-----Rubbing Alcohol on paper towels to get the heavy gunk off.
Step #2-----Then a few paper towels with Windex for streak free shine.
Paper towels are a lot cheaper.
Maybe if I was more gentle with that soft little sponge, but...........
I've found the original magic eraser to be flimsy, too, when cleaning my MES 30. However, the "Extra Power" version (has a wiggly edge) is a bit tougher and stands up better when cleaning the MES. I've found I can clean the entire MES two or three times before "extra power" ones fall apart. I have to be careful around the screws - that is the kiss of death. It does a great job on the window and any flat surface. The inside of my MES is almost new looking, except around the screws. All the parts that come out get hand washed in the utility sink.
Someone recommended vinegar and it works but it takes a lot more elbow grease than the magic eraser.
I haven't tried rubbing alcohol nor windex.
I spray on Simple Green and then a light mist of water over the Simple Green, rub the glass lightly with a mild Scotchbrite pad to loosen anything heavy on glass, then wipe with a paper towel ... Then I use the Magic Eraser and the stuff on window comes off really easy with no hard work or hard rubbing. I then wipe with a paper towel, spray a light mist of water and wipe with a paper towel a final time and the glass is sparkling clean. The whole process doesn't take more than 3 minutes or less.
We rinse ours with a hose, just UNPLUG it first !
WE made some modifications to ours, we added a rotisserie ! and built a new electronic control panel for it, now we can cook by temperature not time
- cleaning your mes 30?
- › a maze n smoker questions 5 minutes ago
- › Smoked pork loin 13 minutes ago
- › Would a Fan Help 15 minutes ago
- › Issue with Snack Stick Casings 22 minutes ago
- › just cant get the ratio right with venison 23 minutes ago
- › Big brisket -- cook it whole or cut it in half 26 minutes ago
- › Firebox connected with additional pipe 27 minutes ago
- › PWE Andouille 32 minutes ago
- › First Attempt at Smoking Cheese (QView) 34 minutes ago
- › Weekend smoke 38 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma