- 6 Posts. Joined 8/2015
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- HELP - Have pork butt ready to go & MES30 controller doesnt work - keeps blowing fuse on panel Last post on 12/6/10 at 6:07pm in Electric Smokers
- New MES, anything I should know? Last post on 1/24/11 at 5:50pm in Electric Smokers
- Water leaking from the back left side of MES 30" Last post on 2/17/16 at 2:46pm in Electric Smokers
- How to cook a 6lb brisket? (on a 30"MES.) Last post on 11/7/10 at 12:05pm in Beef
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
cleaning your mes 30? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
for making me laugh right in the middle of the office
Maybe I'm not gentle enough.
I told Mrs Bear to get some "Magic Erasers" next time she goes to town, but she said she had a couple.
I took one to clean my MES 40 window.
It got the stuff off the window pretty quick, but the one side of the soft little sponge is torn apart & shot.
I should be able to use the other side next time, so it's 50¢ per window-washing that way for me.
Then I still used a little Windex & two paper towels to shine the window up (I like it real clean).
So far the thing that works best for me is:
Step #1-----Rubbing Alcohol on paper towels to get the heavy gunk off.
Step #2-----Then a few paper towels with Windex for streak free shine.
Paper towels are a lot cheaper.
Maybe if I was more gentle with that soft little sponge, but...........
I've found the original magic eraser to be flimsy, too, when cleaning my MES 30. However, the "Extra Power" version (has a wiggly edge) is a bit tougher and stands up better when cleaning the MES. I've found I can clean the entire MES two or three times before "extra power" ones fall apart. I have to be careful around the screws - that is the kiss of death. It does a great job on the window and any flat surface. The inside of my MES is almost new looking, except around the screws. All the parts that come out get hand washed in the utility sink.
Someone recommended vinegar and it works but it takes a lot more elbow grease than the magic eraser.
I haven't tried rubbing alcohol nor windex.
I spray on Simple Green and then a light mist of water over the Simple Green, rub the glass lightly with a mild Scotchbrite pad to loosen anything heavy on glass, then wipe with a paper towel ... Then I use the Magic Eraser and the stuff on window comes off really easy with no hard work or hard rubbing. I then wipe with a paper towel, spray a light mist of water and wipe with a paper towel a final time and the glass is sparkling clean. The whole process doesn't take more than 3 minutes or less.
We rinse ours with a hose, just UNPLUG it first !
WE made some modifications to ours, we added a rotisserie ! and built a new electronic control panel for it, now we can cook by temperature not time
- cleaning your mes 30?
- › Brats and Kraut! 1 minute ago
- › GMG Jim Bowie 1st Butt Smoke Qview 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Brined? Frenched? Rubbed? Smoked? Glazed? Cheap Pork Roast! 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Pork Sammies! 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Pellet smoke not as strong as natural wood 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Next! 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Seafood Sausage Help? 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › PWE Pastrami Finally Done! The Slices and the Sandwich! 4 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › UDS Plans Needed 4 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › What happens when the brine turns the outside of the pork butt... 6 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona