- 6 Posts. Joined 8/2015
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- HELP - Have pork butt ready to go & MES30 controller doesnt work - keeps blowing fuse on panel Last post on 12/6/10 at 6:07pm in Electric Smokers
- New MES, anything I should know? Last post on 1/24/11 at 5:50pm in Electric Smokers
- Water leaking from the back left side of MES 30" Last post on 2/17/16 at 2:46pm in Electric Smokers
- How to cook a 6lb brisket? (on a 30"MES.) Last post on 11/7/10 at 12:05pm in Beef
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
cleaning your mes 30? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
for making me laugh right in the middle of the office
Maybe I'm not gentle enough.
I told Mrs Bear to get some "Magic Erasers" next time she goes to town, but she said she had a couple.
I took one to clean my MES 40 window.
It got the stuff off the window pretty quick, but the one side of the soft little sponge is torn apart & shot.
I should be able to use the other side next time, so it's 50¢ per window-washing that way for me.
Then I still used a little Windex & two paper towels to shine the window up (I like it real clean).
So far the thing that works best for me is:
Step #1-----Rubbing Alcohol on paper towels to get the heavy gunk off.
Step #2-----Then a few paper towels with Windex for streak free shine.
Paper towels are a lot cheaper.
Maybe if I was more gentle with that soft little sponge, but...........
I've found the original magic eraser to be flimsy, too, when cleaning my MES 30. However, the "Extra Power" version (has a wiggly edge) is a bit tougher and stands up better when cleaning the MES. I've found I can clean the entire MES two or three times before "extra power" ones fall apart. I have to be careful around the screws - that is the kiss of death. It does a great job on the window and any flat surface. The inside of my MES is almost new looking, except around the screws. All the parts that come out get hand washed in the utility sink.
Someone recommended vinegar and it works but it takes a lot more elbow grease than the magic eraser.
I haven't tried rubbing alcohol nor windex.
I spray on Simple Green and then a light mist of water over the Simple Green, rub the glass lightly with a mild Scotchbrite pad to loosen anything heavy on glass, then wipe with a paper towel ... Then I use the Magic Eraser and the stuff on window comes off really easy with no hard work or hard rubbing. I then wipe with a paper towel, spray a light mist of water and wipe with a paper towel a final time and the glass is sparkling clean. The whole process doesn't take more than 3 minutes or less.
We rinse ours with a hose, just UNPLUG it first !
WE made some modifications to ours, we added a rotisserie ! and built a new electronic control panel for it, now we can cook by temperature not time
- cleaning your mes 30?
- › BBQ And Homebrew Get-Together? 10 minutes ago
- › Hamburger recipe 20 minutes ago
- › Bierschinken, mortadella, mettwurst, and more 34 minutes ago
- › Searching for a smoker 36 minutes ago
- › New from Maryland 39 minutes ago
- › Eye of Round Thai Jerky 41 minutes ago
- › First cheese of 2017 44 minutes ago
- › From North Carolina 44 minutes ago
- › Brined/Smoked Chops 48 minutes ago
- › New Sailboat 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot