I am making some bake beans on monday for memorial day and forgot to get my brisket marinating. so my question is has anybody just bought the meat and put some seasoning on it and put right into the smoker? I will be putting the meat right into a pot of BBQ sauce so should that make any difference? Input would be awesome! thanks everyone
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
brisketpost #1 of 55/29/10 at 11:15pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 55/30/10 at 2:44amQuote:
Happens all the time! There's no rule on how this all goes. Ask anyone here and they'll tell you that I'm a purist when it comes to beef, I let it come to room temperature and then hit it with Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper then throw it in the smoker!
If you have a vacuum sealer you can still marinate the brisket for an hour or two and the vacuum will actually help to draw the marinade in to the meat quite well.
post #3 of 55/30/10 at 8:52am
I've done the buttermilk or orange juice thing before when they were on sale. Other than that it's just salt, pepper and garlic on the outside. I did inject my last one but I didn't notice any difference in texture...post #4 of 55/30/10 at 9:04ampost #5 of 55/30/10 at 9:08am
Yes I have rubbed my meat just before I put it on the smoker before and you will still get some good results. Now you could like Pete (pit4brains) said and inject it too. Now for your beans you can buy the meat for your beans but I would buy smoked meat if you can. If not the throw some on he grill and sear it and then it will get some more flavor on it then throw it in the beans. Now this is why meat have some in the freezer at all times maybe some pulled pork and some beef this ot that. Now that's what you need food saver and the freezer for.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Pork butts tonight and ribs tomorrow 2 minutes ago
- › New from Michigan 3 minutes ago
- › Smoked Clams on the half shell,Smoked Scallops reverse seared Pic... 3 minutes ago
- › New member 3 minutes ago
- › Greetings from NJ 3 minutes ago
- › First brisket (overnight) 4 minutes ago
- › Stall 5 minutes ago
- › Crew lunch 7 minutes ago
- › Just joined before my first smoke 7 minutes ago
- › 18lbs of pork butt for tomorrow!! 8 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer