I am making some bake beans on monday for memorial day and forgot to get my brisket marinating. so my question is has anybody just bought the meat and put some seasoning on it and put right into the smoker? I will be putting the meat right into a pot of BBQ sauce so should that make any difference? Input would be awesome! thanks everyone
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
brisketpost #1 of 55/29/10 at 11:15pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 55/30/10 at 2:44amQuote:
Happens all the time! There's no rule on how this all goes. Ask anyone here and they'll tell you that I'm a purist when it comes to beef, I let it come to room temperature and then hit it with Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper then throw it in the smoker!
If you have a vacuum sealer you can still marinate the brisket for an hour or two and the vacuum will actually help to draw the marinade in to the meat quite well.
post #3 of 55/30/10 at 8:52am
I've done the buttermilk or orange juice thing before when they were on sale. Other than that it's just salt, pepper and garlic on the outside. I did inject my last one but I didn't notice any difference in texture...post #4 of 55/30/10 at 9:04ampost #5 of 55/30/10 at 9:08am
Yes I have rubbed my meat just before I put it on the smoker before and you will still get some good results. Now you could like Pete (pit4brains) said and inject it too. Now for your beans you can buy the meat for your beans but I would buy smoked meat if you can. If not the throw some on he grill and sear it and then it will get some more flavor on it then throw it in the beans. Now this is why meat have some in the freezer at all times maybe some pulled pork and some beef this ot that. Now that's what you need food saver and the freezer for.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › It's bacon!! 5 minutes ago
- › Beer Can Moose burgers 16 minutes ago
- › Shirley Fab 22 minutes ago
- › Debunking Beer Can Chicken 24 minutes ago
- › Cold smkoe box for pellet grill 29 minutes ago
- › Debating the purchase 36 minutes ago
- › What happens when the brine turns the outside of the pork butt... 36 minutes ago
- › Fresh steelhead 39 minutes ago
- › She's home!! 40 minutes ago
- › Offset smokers vs. drum smokers in regards to taste of the meat 41 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona