I am making some bake beans on monday for memorial day and forgot to get my brisket marinating. so my question is has anybody just bought the meat and put some seasoning on it and put right into the smoker? I will be putting the meat right into a pot of BBQ sauce so should that make any difference? Input would be awesome! thanks everyone
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
brisketpost #1 of 55/29/10 at 11:15pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 55/30/10 at 2:44amQuote:
Happens all the time! There's no rule on how this all goes. Ask anyone here and they'll tell you that I'm a purist when it comes to beef, I let it come to room temperature and then hit it with Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper then throw it in the smoker!
If you have a vacuum sealer you can still marinate the brisket for an hour or two and the vacuum will actually help to draw the marinade in to the meat quite well.
post #3 of 55/30/10 at 8:52am
I've done the buttermilk or orange juice thing before when they were on sale. Other than that it's just salt, pepper and garlic on the outside. I did inject my last one but I didn't notice any difference in texture...post #4 of 55/30/10 at 9:04ampost #5 of 55/30/10 at 9:08am
Yes I have rubbed my meat just before I put it on the smoker before and you will still get some good results. Now you could like Pete (pit4brains) said and inject it too. Now for your beans you can buy the meat for your beans but I would buy smoked meat if you can. If not the throw some on he grill and sear it and then it will get some more flavor on it then throw it in the beans. Now this is why meat have some in the freezer at all times maybe some pulled pork and some beef this ot that. Now that's what you need food saver and the freezer for.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Andouille and Smoked Cajun Sausage ~ Foamheart 5 minutes ago
- › My 250 Gal. side box build. 12 minutes ago
- › Height above burner for MB/Amnps mod? 16 minutes ago
- › I know what I'm doing this weekend... 20 minutes ago
- › Fresh Asparagus 20 minutes ago
- › Baby Bok Choy 21 minutes ago
- › Pork Belly Burnt Ends Question? 22 minutes ago
- › Need help with fire box 26 minutes ago
- › South Florida Spring Gathering (Apr. 28-30) 29 minutes ago
- › What pellets with what food? 32 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub