I am making some bake beans on monday for memorial day and forgot to get my brisket marinating. so my question is has anybody just bought the meat and put some seasoning on it and put right into the smoker? I will be putting the meat right into a pot of BBQ sauce so should that make any difference? Input would be awesome! thanks everyone
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
brisketpost #1 of 55/29/10 at 11:15pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 55/30/10 at 2:44amQuote:
Happens all the time! There's no rule on how this all goes. Ask anyone here and they'll tell you that I'm a purist when it comes to beef, I let it come to room temperature and then hit it with Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper then throw it in the smoker!
If you have a vacuum sealer you can still marinate the brisket for an hour or two and the vacuum will actually help to draw the marinade in to the meat quite well.
post #3 of 55/30/10 at 8:52am
I've done the buttermilk or orange juice thing before when they were on sale. Other than that it's just salt, pepper and garlic on the outside. I did inject my last one but I didn't notice any difference in texture...post #4 of 55/30/10 at 9:04ampost #5 of 55/30/10 at 9:08am
Yes I have rubbed my meat just before I put it on the smoker before and you will still get some good results. Now you could like Pete (pit4brains) said and inject it too. Now for your beans you can buy the meat for your beans but I would buy smoked meat if you can. If not the throw some on he grill and sear it and then it will get some more flavor on it then throw it in the beans. Now this is why meat have some in the freezer at all times maybe some pulled pork and some beef this ot that. Now that's what you need food saver and the freezer for.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › First time curing 11 minutes ago
- › Aging Pork 51 minutes ago
- › Roast guidelines 58 minutes ago
- › Eye of Round Thai Jerky 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Ribs.....yeah baby....back. 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › weekend smoke 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › New Member; New Smoker user! 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Mixing meat and sides? And some other questions. 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › South Florida Spring Gathering (Apr. 28-30) 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Cleaning the glass door in a MES 30" 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot