I plan on trying smoking a chuckie for the 2nd time on Sunday. My first time I was not as impressed as I was hoping. (It was a little dry). I thought I did everything by the book last time -
- Used mesquite/hickory wood
- Smoked at Temp of 235
- Foiled at 160 and took out at 205
- Put it in a cooler for 1 hour
- Used my Maverick digital probes to keep track of the temp's
- Rubbed with Pepper, garlic, onion, and salt.
What else should I have changed? I have alot of experience smoking pulled pork with great results.
Has anyone every used mustard on a chuckie? (like you do with pulled pork).
Can I inject anything like a garlic marinade into the chuckie?
Should I increase or decrease the temp of the smoker?